Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen one of these? It looks excellent.
    We’re counting down the days to January 2005, which is the rumored date being thrown around.
    It'll be a while before we see them, but I am looking forward too it as well.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I don't think it will be compatible with the 650... here are the specs...note that it is comatible with bluetooth 1.2

Full Product Description
    Jabra Bluetooth Headset BT800

Offering high performance and added features, the stylish Jabra BT800 takes Bluetooth headsets to the next level. Weighing only 25 grams, the headset's new ear hook wearing style ensures a secure and comfortable fit. With up to 6 hours of talk time and 200 hours of standby time, the headset features a backlit LED display for caller ID and an easy-to-use jog wheel to access menu options. In addition, users can select their favorite ring tones in the headset or use the built-in call-vibrate feature. The headset also features DSP (Digital Signal Processing) that improves audio quality in windy or noisy environments and automatically adjusts volume levels in response to background noise. Users can also mute the headset with one touch. JABRA BT800 complies with Bluetooth version 1.2.

Up to 6 hours talk time
    Standby Time: up to 200 hours
    Range of up to ten metres
    Weight: 25g
    Supplied with standard UK mains charger
    Allows voice dialling on Nokia handsets
    Compatible with most Bluetooth mobile phones on version 1.2(please see compatability list for full details)
    bluetooth v1.2 is backwards compatible with version 1.1.

The headsets extras may not work, but the general useage of it should be fine since the 650 supports the headset profile.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

haha I learned a new thing today... thank you very much, can you elobarate a little on the backwards part again...
    just like TDMA and CDMA phones would fall back on old analog technology when outside of digital range, BT 1.2 devices can talk to BT 1.1 devices at the 1.1 level.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    bluetooth v1.2 is backwards compatible with version 1.1.

The headsets extras may not work, but the general useage of it should be fine since the 650 supports the headset profile.

Well caller ID works fine on my HBH 660 headset from Sony Ericcson!

So I am sure it will work here as well... That is the only extra that "comes" from the phone!

Mike
    hey mikeradio do you also get the dely of displaying a prior number call on a new one coming in(ie sometimes not being accurate)?
    No..works fine always and comes right in!
    well you know I figured out that if I ignore a call from the phone and not the head set then what's happining is that the headset will "store" that number in it "memory" bank and than when a different call comes in the "old" number is displayed.
    I just have to be consistant about interacting with the headset...
    Based on the picture it doesn't look like you can use an eargel with the bt800, only the hanger thing to hook onto the ear. I've never worn a bt headset. Is it better to hang on the ear? Or better to have eargel? I have a treo650 and people have sworn that using an eargel drastically improves the volume issue with the t650. However, if I hold out for the bt800, I'm not sure I'll be able to use an eargel thing with the headset. What do you guys think.....
    I have the same problem as pixhershko. Any solutions out there?
    are you using BTMute. I found btmute to cause a few incorrect numbers with my hbh660. disabling it helped greatly, i think.
    I believe the BT800 and BT500 were announced last spring with a fall release date. They still have not been released. Does anyone know what holding up their release?

Cougar
    The US launch was annouced at CES yesterday, look for them in the next month.
    Do you know what the "street price" will be on the Jabra BT500 & BT800?

Cougar
    The ear gel doesn't work for all of us anyway. My ears are too big! It just falls out. The ear clip works fine but the volume is an issue.
    Spoke to Jabra and both BT500 and BT800 will be released late January. Yes, both will be backward compatible to Bluetooth version 1.1. Both are supposed to be smaller than their current BT250 from factor.
    Thx..was wondering when that elusive BT500 would finally see the light...hope it will be equally competitively priced as the rumored $120 price point for the BT800.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast