Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    oh, bravo. what a blistering riposte. i'm guessing you have a masters in english lit.

how's the burger flipping working out for you?

Is there something wrong with "burger flipping"? Funny how both your photo and your posts make us think you're a pedantic ***. Please continue verifying that assumption.

Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/27/2004 at 05:32 AM. Reason: inappropiate language
    C'mon, guys... let's keep it civil and stop all the personal attacks.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    C'mon, guys... let's keep it civil and stop all the personal attacks.

Mark, as I read this thread what stood out was ONE person acting like an a**hole and everyone else attempting to continue the discussion. Finally, it became obvious that that individual had no intention of doing anything but trying to annoy others and he was - quite appropriately - made to look like an *****. Read the thread again and others that this person has been involved in - most people would probably agree that Treocentral members have in fact shown a LOT of restraint responding to his trolling posts.

Palm Apologist trolls are just as annoying as PPC trolls (like the late purpleX) and Palm bashing trolls (like me ) and shoud be dealt with accordingly. If the moderators allow people like this individual to keep posting, you should also allow the rest of us to beat his sorry a** into a bloody pulp for our own enjoyment and then watch him run home to his Mommy, sobbing hysterically. It's only fair, Mark. Please don't deny us that pleasure!

frankly, i think it's ridiculous to suggest that the software fix they are working on is 'all they're going to do', as if it's of trivial importance. since you don't know how they will implement the fix, you don't know what they'll be able to accomplish with the upgrade. they may be able to shim the system so that a 14 byte contact only takes up 14 bytes once again. who knows, maybe they'll come up with some whiz bang compression scheme, so a 14 byte contact takes up 7 bytes. i can only speculate, as *i don't know*. do you know? no? ah. get it?
    Yes he can! Look at Palm's history. The Treo600 was pleagued with problems and yet they didn't do anything. They released a SINGLE patch (8 months after releasing it btw). ALL 7 replacment units I recieved for my Treo600 all had the same problem (buzzing headset). He knows what to expect from Palm: if it doesn't work when they released it... good luck getting fix.
    no, i don't manage my servers via webpages. only skill-less linux system administrator-wannabees do that.

i use ssh. i'm an *actual* system administrator.

i'm supposed to lug my laptop with me everywhere i go?
    This statement just summed it up for me. Your posts are not even worth reading.
    oh, and for the record, you're confusing as anger, what is in fact simply that i'm a pompous intellectual who doesn't suffer fools gladly. i'm not angry. i'm just impatient with my inferiors.

you can't accuse me of being dishonest, that's for sure.

Paul Theodoropoulos
    Personal: www.anastrophe.com Abstruse, Truculent, and Remarkably Non-Influential.
    Professional: www.smileglobal.com Ultra-Reliable, Professional Email Services

Please post more.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zen of Palm
    Please don't deny us that pleasure!
    We've never tolerated that kind of "pleasure" before, and we won't now. My comment was directed at EVERYONE. As I see it, all parties are equally to blame for the lack of civiltiy.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Good Morning
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    We've never tolerated that kind of "pleasure" before, and we won't now. My comment was directed at EVERYONE. As I see it, all parties are equally to blame for the lack of civiltiy.

As I see it, one party in this thread was to blame for the lack of civiltiy. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Mark. And I think you're taking my previous post a LOT more seriously than I would have expected anyone to take it.

In any event, this has become pointless. I'll pass on any further responses to this line of conversation. Take care.
    I agree with Zizo. I love my Treo 600 and am still hoping that P1 will offer a 650 or similar version with more RAM in the next few months. If they don't I may just buy a new phone and go to the dark side (i.e. MS Smart Phone). I would hate to do it, so I hope that P1 really plans to make right on its huge error in judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    You're an actual something
    HA HA!!! GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!
    I applaud the complainers, if not for this, Palm would have NEVER come to the conclusion to fix the problem and then less people would have bought the Treo forcing Palm into much bigger problems.
    Since we do live in America (most of us) and live by the free market system let the system work. If Palm messes up (and very few people would say that they didnt), then people have the right to help them see the errors of their ways
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I agree with Zizo. I love my Treo 600 and am still hoping that P1 will offer a 650 or similar version with more RAM in the next few months. If they don't I may just buy a new phone and go to the dark side (i.e. MS Smart Phone). I would hate to do it, so I hope that P1 really plans to make right on its huge error in judgment.
    Why would you give up:
    1) a superior (in my opinion) OS
    2) access to all your old (already paid for) apps
    3) access to a better app library
    all just because Palm miscalculated?

My suggestion: Do what I did after dumping the horribly unreliable Treo 600 - go back to using a real PDA and a (tiny) real Bluetooth phone, while waiting for someone (Samsung? Palm? Sony Ericsson? Anybody? PLEASE?) to come out with a smartphone that doesn't limit you. Given how close the Treo 600 was to being the perfect smartphone, I think we'll see a Palm OS phone that has what you want on the market within a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo1972
    Well, simply this solution that they came up with is not good enough! In fact it is not addressing the issue at all!
    I have to agree. It was a very nice gesture, but who in the **** uses a 128Mb SD card anymore???

Certainly not people who buy a $600 phone.

Heck, my first card was a 256Mb card, and now it's a 1GB.

Most Treo user I know do not like to juggle multiple cards, and tend to get the largest card available. With a 128Mb card, you would need to put your apps on it to presumably compensate for the lack of onboard emory, switch it out when you want to listen to MP3's or view pictures, then switch it back in when you want to run your zlaunced programs. Huh?

Again, they are missing the whole point of convenience. Apps on one card, data on another card. I don't think it's gonne fly. They should have just put that card into main memory if they are going to give it away anyway.

Yes, it's nice that they are doing SOMETHING. But unfortunately, it's not a solution to the issue.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234