Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not sure going to sleep is accurate but here is the problem...
    My 650 screen will go off after 3 minutes but occassionally when I hit the power button to "wake" it up nothing happens. When it is in this state I have hit numerous keys but the display never responds. The only way I have been able to get back into the phone is to remove the battery. I have only had the 650 for two days so this could be operator error. Any suggestions from anyone?

I have tried soft and warms resets....

Donnie
    Delete all third party apps, sounds like a conflict with one.
  3.    #3  
    I have deleted all 3rd party applications but the problem still occurs. Should I have to set the phone to default and start again? Thanks for your help.

Donnie
    Hard to say w/o seeing it. I would do a hard reset and don't hotsyn or load anything and see hoe it works then. Sorry I don't have a better answer, perhaps wait for another reply?
  5.    #5  
    I will try that and I appreciate your responses.

Donnie
    I am now experiencing this issue for the first time, after getting a new (replacement) treo unit.

My exact software/preferences setup has been working flawlessly for 2 different 650s before this new one yesterday.

"Last Error" shown is not correct, i think. It says "phone" was the app that crashed, but it also says the last crash was 4 hours ago. It has been running and reset several times since then, so I guess it isn't actually crashing?

Why won't it wake up?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Its very likely apps conflicting with each other. I've seen similar issues which prompted further investigation and eventually led to my writing an article on a solution. You can see it here:

http://mobileoptimized.com/AvoidingResets.html

It covers freezes, etc. not just resets.
    I have the same problem. Occasionally when it turns off automatically, I can't get it to come back on...I have to soft reset.
    Same for me. Not real often but about once a week I have to reset to get it to turn on. This just started in the last month or so and I have not added anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supp0rtLinux
    Its very likely apps conflicting with each other. I've seen similar issues which prompted further investigation and eventually led to my writing an article on a solution. You can see it here:

http://mobileoptimized.com/AvoidingResets.html

It covers freezes, etc. not just resets.
    thanks for the reply, but your situation is obviously, to me, different.
    mine is happening even when the radio is off and no apps are setup for auto-access.

also, as i said, my setup has been exactly the same for 8 months and through 2 treo 650s.
    i traded for a new 650 yesterday, an it went hooey, immediately after updating it to 1.12.

freezes in less than 30 minutes from soft reset, every time.

this is a bummer. i guess it is back to the sprint store to make another trade.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Same for me. Not real often but about once a week I have to reset to get it to turn on. This just started in the last month or so and I have not added anything new.
    I think mine started doing it with firmware 1.28.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    My current Treo is starting to have problems now when I'm trying to charge; the phone will not wake up, if it had been plugged in. It's like it's shorting out... two different chargers (the stock Treo one doesn't even charge anymore), and a Seidio car 2100s holder... Sigh. Third Treo. Maybe my last.

Same setup as before; hmm, except TomTom 5 running off SD card (was running in RAM in the second Treo (btw, TomTom requires the exchange info for a new activation code, etc.) not during the cable connection), but... cmon!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    More info-- if it sleeps on its own, it will not wake up. If I put it to sleep, it wakes up fine--multiple times! :\ Latest Cingular update, yadda.
    I had this problem after the Cing 1.15/1.31 Update, running barebones (no software), fresh Hard Reset.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Ditto. Just tested... and just to be sure (because TomTom 5 installs a shim to launch it off the card), I reset without the SD card, again. Same problem: won't wake after sleep for me COMPLETELY RESET, while connected to a power adapter (BoxWave's, or the Seidio car cradle). Nice to have a charge... I turned off the Network Time thing just in case earlier-- nope. Sigh fn sigh.

mistercoffee1-- do you mean it simply won't wake up, or is it with a power adapter that it does that?

Also, did it just recently start occurring?
    Mine wouldn't wake up after it went to sleep (while in pocket, no power adapter). This happened the 3rd day after the CNG update, but didn't have this issue before. I've had a replacement phone since (no update).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I think mine started doing it with firmware 1.28.
    Mine after the 1.12 Sprint.
    mine did this with the 1.31 update, had to go back to 1.28. so far working like a charm.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It *sounds* like firmware related issues with certain phones-- my old phone with new firmware did not exhibit that problem. I think. Maybe it's an application issue too, who knows? This is almost as bad as Win Mobile.
    This started last week for me now. I'm running it on empty and it still does it. Today was the record 3 times in one day. *sigh* It might be time to go back to carrying a phone and a regular pda now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast