Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was having the same exact problem for about a month. The solution was a conbination of lots of things but mostly Chatter SD and HTML support from older betas. Here is my suggestion:
    Get rid of:
    -Clip Pro
    -QuickSpell
    -Dimmer
    -TreoGuard

Get new Versions for:
    -Chatter latest beta
    -Buttler New version
    -KeyCaps600 newest mod version
    -Ringo 4.4

Be careful when using Rlock. It can speed up your Treo or make it slower.

I'll think of more.

Al
    I don't know if any of you are using this, but Shadowmite's DUN patch would do this if the "Enable BT DUN" was set to yes. Once the backlight turned off, you almost had to have a defibrillator to get it to turn back on.
    Picking up my newest 650, tomorrow.
    Hope the problem goes away.

This is getting tiresome.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    I have the same problem on a Treo 600. I'd guess it is Sprint's network being stupid. (As you know,the 600 doesn't have bluetooth so maybe I've helped rule that out for you 650 users.)

-- Bob
    Happens every day. Some say it's 3rd party software (likely, but it does it bare bones too) some say it's network issues. I say Palm needs to step up and fix whatever it is, becuase it's obviously a widespread issue. My chips are on NVFS, personally (i.e. the root of all problems related to the 650).

My manager approached me today about the idea of him asking for our sales force (oh, 350 ppl) to get Treo 650's. I was very reluctant to give my complete endorsement, becuase I can just envision the issues everyone would have. I already convinced 2 co-workers to get 650's and both regret it. They are non-tech and don't have the desire to cruise TC.com and the like for answers. It's over their head.

Anyhow, Palm needs to clean up their software. The non-responsive power button is the tip of the iceberg, IMO.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    i suffer from the same problem.. sometimes it won't even wake up which results in me doing a soft reset to get it back on.. it happens with or without bluetooth so that's not the issue atleast with my experience..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Tony, they are slightly different topics.

As to the issue, if you have Bob's PopupLaunch installed, throw it out. When I did, this problem got much better. Didn't go away completely, but it helped.
    Don, check out the thread referenced by tony. This is a slightly different issue, I think.
    That's cool, but I think it might be the same. Those who think their T650 won't wake up just waven't waited long enough. I have found that mine will wake up after a few minutes.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    FWIW, I have the same issue. I'm on Verizon. If the phone goes to sleep it takes several presses of the button to get it to wake up. Very annoying! although it does eventually wake up with a reset or anything. It only started happening in the last day or so (right after the return period was up). The only third party app is Chatter Email but it didn't cause problems previously.

Anybody find a solution?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It's not just a matter of not waking up; it's a power-related issue for me. If (sometimes, mostly, but not always), if I plug it in and unplug it, the red light stays on, and it WILL NOT WAKE UP. That *377# crash check thing reports nothing.

I can use any number of chargers, and they all will eventually exhibit the same issue. It happens with a hard-reset.

This is my third, and last Treo. It's too bad, I love my email, web access, tomtom, tuner, planetarium, drawing programs, docs, games, pda functions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    That's cool, but I think it might be the same. Those who think their T650 won't wake up just waven't waited long enough. I have found that mine will wake up after a few minutes.
    There are times when several presses will wake it up, but then there are the moments when it will not wake up no matter what I do and then i have to soft reset it. I think both problems are very different.

I shouldn't have to wait a few minutes for it to wake up if I have to make a call, when I press the button to power on the screen it should come on and be ready to rock and roll. I've learned to live with the resets when they happen, but at some point I must draw the line. For the price we've paid, we shouldn't have to deal with all the issues we all seem to have with this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I've waited for hours, and still no wake-up
    I think you arelumping this with the slow wake-up issue.

I got my new hardware, and my problem was immediately and completely resolved.
    Trade 'em in folks, and be done with this issue.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123