Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Count me in for this "issue" as well.
    Hmmm... I notice this happens to my 650 from time to time. I think that cause is probably some app in the backround (chatter perhaps?) that might be temporarily freezing the treo. However, I just wait a minute or so and the Treo always turns on...

Good luck to all the others who have more serious issues...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Mine does this sometimes, I just pop the SD card out and push it back in... the treo seems to wake up when it noticies that a card has been pushed in
    Removing the SD card doesn't work for me. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    As I stated in a thread somewhere else, this issue started with me only after the Cingular update. My phone worked flawlessly before the update. Now, once a week, I need to do a soft reset to get past the lag/freeze.

-Kirk
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    Mine does this sometimes, I just pop the SD card out and push it back in... the treo seems to wake up when it noticies that a card has been pushed in
    I will give this a try next time it happens to me.
    Only found this happening on one configuration for me, with TakePhone, but the developer is aware of the problem and is working to fix it. Related to "return to Takephone" in the Palmone Treo section of the prefs.

Otherwise, Battery Graph has been known to cause this sort of thing as it only prunes its database when you start Battery Graph, but opens it every time you turn the Treo on. So if the database is large (and it can get so quite fast) it takes a few seconds to turn on.

And it also seems that with Chatter running (offline, in qsync mode, not making connections at the time) it *always* takes two presses to get the Treo to turn on. Shutdown Chatter and it goes away. So I gave up on my trial of Chatter due to this, I hate having to press.. wait.. press... wait.. press.. oh there it is... every time I want to check something real fast.
    I thought it was one of my 3rd party apps that's why I did a hard reset. It still continues to happen. I'm currently using a back up phone right now and using my treo as a pda until I can get a fix or buy a new pda. <sigh> I hate traditional phones
    I have the same problem with the Cingular update. I've seen this issue on the Cingular upgrade thread as well. That sucks!

I'm going to try and update to the unbranded ROM.
    well, sprint has ordered another 650 for me.
    hopefully that will solve the issue.

my 650 has been in the drawer for nearly a week now.
    thank goodness for my veriaon backup phone.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    How do you go back to 1.28?

Quote Originally Posted by medic
    mine did this with the 1.31 update, had to go back to 1.28. so far working like a charm.
    Happened to me with Cingular 1.15 update. Solved it with Profile Care. check this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...8&goto=newpost
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    How exactly does this solve the problem?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    How exactly does this solve the problem?

Thanks.
    Profile Care allows you to control at which interval your Treo goes off among other features. You can also set your treo to stay on during charging, which in my case solved my freezing problems. Please check the Profile Care discussions on this forum. Hopefully I am pointing you to the reight direction,
    I had this issue with a new Treo 650 I purchased from someone on eBay (yea, I know...). So luckily the guy was cool about it and sent me a new one, and it's been great ever since.

I think it's a defect in the unit.

Ken
    This issue, while I've had it since I first purchased my VZW Treo 650, is getting more and more annoying...basically when the Treo goes to sleep, and I need to wake it up by pressing the power button, nothing happens...I usually have to press it about 5 times, sometimes more to get the thing to turn on...

Has anyone had a similar problem to this? Any fix?

Thanks for the help.

-Jay
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKaps
    This issue, while I've had it since I first purchased my VZW Treo 650, is getting more and more annoying...basically when the Treo goes to sleep, and I need to wake it up by pressing the power button, nothing happens...I usually have to press it about 5 times, sometimes more to get the thing to turn on...

Has anyone had a similar problem to this? Any fix?

Thanks for the help.

-Jay
    Press it twice quickly, but not too quickliy. This is the only thing I know of.
    I get this with my VZ 650 also. Others have also talked about it. Some people says its the bluetooth and other says its the network time thing. Power On is just not instant as it was on the Treo 600.

It happens bad, like you experience, once in a while for me but as long as I don't find out i've missed calls because of it I'll just live with it. Maybe something will get fixed when and if a new firmware comes out.
    I've experienced this, too. I don't use Bluetooth, so I'm not sure if it can be that. I was beginning to think something was wrong with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    I had this issue with a new Treo 650 I purchased from someone on eBay (yea, I know...). So luckily the guy was cool about it and sent me a new one, and it's been great ever since.

I think it's a defect in the unit.

Ken
    Do you have your treo with cingular (orange) too? Did you also upgrade to the 1.15 firmare?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast