TC Members

I really hate the Quick Tour and Welcome icons on my 650
    applications screen. I use FileZ and I cant find them. I would
    like to delete those permanently. How do I do that? Has anyone
    found those programs yet?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
    mark1107:

They are hard coded into the rom. You simply can not delete them. A work around is to use the Apps Category menu and look for Quick Tour (its the first one in the list) and Welcome and select "System". Poof, they will be gone never to be seen again unless you pull down your Menu in Apps to select "System" where they and other system files hide.

Cheers
    Rees
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I don't have a smartphone yet - so I'm not sure doing what I did on my tungsten/t would work...but what I did was go to the main screen, click on the drop down or list icon (hope i'm getting the name right, on my tungsten it's one of the 4 main buttons, including home, preferences and find) and the first menu that drops down is the app's menu. first option is delete. I selected that and removed the quick tour using that. Again, may or may not be the same on the treo, but thought i'd share.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Try Invisiable, it's at PalmGear.com
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=14088
    If you use Launcher X you can create a tab (I call mine "unused") and put all the icons you don't want to see in it. Then you can hide the entire tab.

Launcher X is working very well, but it does have the center button problem that ZLauncher has too. I like it though...it's an easy adjustment to make till hopefully there is a fix.
    There is a flag on files that you can set called "hidden" that will hide any programs from being viewable. You can use Filez and look at "details", then "attributes". Just check the "hidden" box and it should be gone from view.
    Last edited by DaleReeck; 11/25/2004 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    There is a flag on files that you can set called "hidden" that will hide any programs from being viewable. You can use Filez and look at "details", then "attributes". Just check the "hidden" box and it should be gone from view.
    This will not work for ROM files, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    This will not work for ROM files, right?
    I couldn't get it to work using File Z.