Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka
    Same here.. Mad static/crackling. No second phone to test it on. The person on the other end say I sound like I'm in a tunnel, even though I'm 12 inches away from the treo.
    ditto EXACTLY
    I had the same static problems with the BT250. So, I went out and purchased a Motorola HS820 and the problem with with static goes away. Much better range also I might add. I have read good reviews on both headsets from users, I wonder if its an interaction between the T650 and the BT250?
    Having horrible static at home, plus people say it sounds like I'm "underwater." I'll try it in the car next and see how that goes. Very dissapointed so far.
    was there ever any resolution? I have been using three different headsets with three different phones over the last year and I can defenitively state that...

1. my Treo 650 is LOUSY with static if I have it more than inches away from my headset, regardless of location and independent of any interference (driving in the car for instance, or on my couch, and I have no 2.4Ghz in the house)
    2. some headsets are better than others, but the static is definitely a Treo problem.

I had the opportunity to try out my headset (a new Sony-Ericcson, not sure of the model offhand) with a Blackberry and I could walk at LEAST 15 feet away from the phone and had ZERO static here in my office. I have so much static that I can't take the phone away from my shoulder if I want to use it, which pretty much makes the bluetooth feature useless to me.

So did anyone ever come up with a solution, is there a patch I'm not finding, or should I switch to Blackberry? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Fluff
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12