Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been following links in other threads in regards to getting the BT to work with the cars built in BT system and I am just as frustrated as everyone else.

I have a 2005 Range Rover and the treo 650 finds the rr just fine but the rr does not see the 650.

I have tried all the different settings within the 650 but to no avail. Once linked, I am able to initiate a call from the handset which then goes thru the cars system and most of the time it works ( i can talk and here the other party). The strange thing is when I dial a #, a different # comes up on the cars screen yet the call I actually placed goes thru to the correct person.

This is very frustrating, as I am unable to use any of the cars functions and I have to rely just on the hand set.

I am hoping this is a problem within the 650 and that either Sprint or Palm will come out with a patch asap.

Any other input, in particular to the Range Rover would be appreciatied.
    See my notes under the 650 and Lexus. The problem is that there is no "connect" button in the Palm bluetooth screen. This is what I needed to press to pair my Sony bluetooth phone with the Lexus as the final step.
    MAybe Shadowmite can poke around and see if this is hidden or can be implemented somehow as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBAER
    I have a 2005 Range Rover and the treo 650 finds the rr just fine but the rr does not see the 650.

I am hoping this is a problem within the 650 and that either Sprint or Palm will come out with a patch asap.

Any other input, in particular to the Range Rover would be appreciatied.
    As the owner of an '04 Range Rover, the '05's bluetooth function is a major attraction, but alas, it not 'talking' to the 650 right now has dampened that attraction . . .

From the response others have received from Sprint, I do expect Sprint will release fairly soon a patch that will fix this.

Patriot0290
    '04 Range Rover (Java/Sand)
    Powerbook G4 12" with SuperDrive and Bluetooth
    Sprint Treo 650
    Does anyone know of a device that can be integrated into the 2003 Range Rover's stereo for blue tooth accessability? My car has all the buttons that the newer ones have but none of them work.

Bill
    I picked up my 05 Rover this week and I have the same problem. It seems like the Treo does not work well with most cars. I really want to use the integrated Bluetooth in the Rover. I ordered a Blackberry 7100g and will test it out next week. If it works, I may just switch.

ctdw
    The BlackBerry 7100g (Cingular) does work with the Bluetooth in my 05 Rover. I can make and receive calls via the nav screen as well as dial from the voice recognition feature. The only thing that does not work is it will not read the address book from my 7100g since BlackBerry does not provide that capability with it's Bluetooth stack. That's not a big deal since I will just store my frequently called numbers in the Rover's voice recognition system.

I would like to think PalmOne will update the Bluetooth on the 650 so it works with more car kits, but I am not holding out a lot of hope. I am going to keep testing the 7100g and will probably switch to it soon.

ctdw
    To anyone that had posted on this thread before ...
    I am getting ready to get a new Range Rover and had assumed prior to reading this thread that the Treo 650 would work. I have not switched out my 600 yet. Does the new patch fix the existing problems?
    as far as I can tell, there have been no patches made available by palmOne as the issue of Bluetooth connectivity with the Treo 650, locked, or unlocked..

as far as connectivity goes, I think we are all in agreement that the Treo 650 successfully pairs with the Rover, and dialing out works properly, the only problem is incoming calls and other functionality, such as use of the address book and the On-Board Computer. Does anybody have any news regarding a patch for the Treo firmware that will enable this functionality?

(Oh yeah, no offense to anybody who has posted this in other threads, but please refrain from sharing any information regarding other models of cars and other types of phones on this thread. Lets try to get these issues resolved. Thank you)
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    As far as I know Range Rovers bluetooth is going to be the same as BMW's.
    I just bought a 2006 Range Rover Sport and Land Rover and Palm have not worked out the Bluetooth bugs yet insofar as compatibility with the Treo 650 is concerned. I just spoke to Palm and they assured me that they are working on a software upgrade that will resolve the issue. The software fix is due out sometime in 2005. In the meantime, I will have to continue to use my Treo Bluetooth headset...not great, but better than driving with one hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpblanchard01
    I just bought a 2006 Range Rover Sport and Land Rover and Palm have not worked out the Bluetooth bugs yet insofar as compatibility with the Treo 650 is concerned. I just spoke to Palm and they assured me that they are working on a software upgrade that will resolve the issue. The software fix is due out sometime in 2005. In the meantime, I will have to continue to use my Treo Bluetooth headset...not great, but better than driving with one hand.
    Well, as a new 2006 LR3 owner, and Treo650 with the lastest firmware, this has not happened ... the last firmware upgrade for the Sprint Treo650 fixed a bunch of other car lines, but not Land Rover.

From research, this has been a complaint since early 2005 on both Palm and LR forums ... and since Palm is now working on the Treo700 I doubt if we'll ever see a fix for this. <sigh>

David
    Today, my Treo 650 paired with my Range Rover!!!! Here's the details and findings.

Phone: Palm Treo 650
    Software Version: Treo650-1.17-CNG
    (CNG refers to Cingular since each Treo 650 patch is carrier specific)
    Carrier: Cingular Wireless
    Vehicle: 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged

Limitations:
    So far I have discovered the following limitations...
    1. Calls dialed from the Treo will be picked up on the vehicle's bluetooth car kit, but the number dialed will be displayed incorrectly on the vehicle. Calls dialed thru the vehicle and calls received function and display correctly.

2. The buttons for numbers called, missed calls, etc are greyed out, and the directory is greyed out, however the keypad to send text messages is not. I have not tested sending or receiving text messages, but I did go to the text message input screen and typed in a few characters on the vehicle's text message keypad.
    (There may be other limitations but this is all I've found so far.)

Setup:
    In the Treo 650 do the following:
    1. Configure the treo 650 to pair with the Land Rover
    On the Treo, make sure "discoverable" is set to yes and that bluetooth is on.
    2. For security reasons, after the Treo is paired with the Land Rover, set "discoverable" to NO
    3. With all other phones, you'd be done by now and you'd see the keyboard display showup on the Land Rover screen. Not so with the Treo.
    4. Take your Treo 650 and make a call while sitting in the Land Rover. This is when my phone immediately paired with the Land Rover bluetooth kit and the phone keypad showed up on the vehicle's phone menu. No further actions should be necessary after this point.

(So far, the bluetooth connection has been reliable and permanent and will automatically re-connect when I exit and re-enter the vehicle. Also the phone button on the Land Rover display will show the keypad and display that the phone is connected via bluetooth. I also need to mention that this has only been performed with one phone however I see no reason why it shouldn't work with other Treo 650s updated to the current software version.)

Good luck and let me know if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpetrey
    Today, my Treo 650 paired with my Range Rover!!!! Here's the details and findings.
    Unfortunately, either you are very lucky or the 2006 LR3 system is different.

I can get my Sprint Treo650 with the latest firmware to connect almost instantly over Bluetooth. However, it only works like a remote headset on outgoing calls.

Incoming calls ring but never switch over to the Bluetooth ...

Very strange that it won't work both ways atleast as a remote "headset", which would thrill me at the moment.

David
    Sorry idfdavid, it's not luck. I got my wife's treo 650 with same patch to work too on the first try by following the same set of procedures.

Terribly sorry you're still not having any luck. Can't imagine why they'd have different bluetooth software drivers in the different land rover models. Might be the patch level on your phone (timeliness of sprint vs cingular). Sprint's patch follow cingulars. Their patch only came out last month.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpetrey
    Terribly sorry you're still not having any luck. Can't imagine why they'd have different bluetooth software drivers in the different land rover models. Might be the patch level on your phone (timeliness of sprint vs cingular). Sprint's patch follow cingulars. Their patch only came out last month.
    Good luck.
    I agree, can't imagine that there would be differences between LR models ... Sprint's patch is several months old, so hopefully you are right, and an update from Sprint/Palm will make things work better.

David
    As above I have a 2006 LR3 and a Treo 650 unlocked GSM and I can pair the car and phone but the numbers are wrong and I can't dial out from the LR3. The car also has a built in phone connector which needs an adaptor to fit in the set up. Is there such an adaptor available? The built in phone system also charges the phone but how can it be connected?
    Does the new patch resove any of these problems (120)?
    Any help will be appreciated.

Sabaleib
    i have a 2006 range rover super charged. my phone works just like bpetrey's does. i am happy with this because before it was awful. it started working after i downloaded the update to the rom. i have an unbranded 650. good luck
    okay wtf you guys drive range rovers...get out of this thread and go drive them..(im jealous.....as hell)
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

I just picked up my 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged a few days ago and was having the same problem, I will try making a call after the treo recognizes the car (as bpetrey said) and hopefully that will fix the problem!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast