1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I am new to PDA's and just got the 650 about 5-6 days ago. I tried to connect to Yahoo using Versa Mail, and it would not let me. I called up Palm, who were for the most part completely helpless, and foud out that they said I need to subsrcibe to Yahoo (plus/premium) to get some type of "pop, etc." account. It there a way to hook up my versamail to my yahoo account w/o just going into the web to the yahoo home page? Help please.
    Thanks
    No, yahoo requires a paid premuim subscription to access their POP/smtp servers. I have a subscription and that's how I check my yahoo mail. However, you can also check your email via the wap portal:

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com

Then there are also desktop redirectors like Yahoo POP and etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    [moved]
  4.    #4  
    Thanks G funk.
    Can I hook up my Versamail to go to wap.oa.yahoo.com? or do I have to just go to that using the web connection?
    I am not sure what a desktop redirector is...but would love to pickyour brainon some of my questions about my treo....
    Quote Originally Posted by alivejrs2
    Thanks G funk.
    Can I hook up my Versamail to go to wap.oa.yahoo.com? or do I have to just go to that using the web connection?
    I am not sure what a desktop redirector is...but would love to pickyour brainon some of my questions about my treo....
    No, the wap portal only allows you to check your yahoo mail via Blazer etc.

The desktop redirector I was referring to is YPops:

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/index.php

It bypassed the subscription fees for yahoo pop service, but requires you to run this app in the backround on your workstation 24/7...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Hey G funk,

Thanks for the ypops link, i am going to check it out. My yahoo e-mail is so emeshed in my life it is hard to switch over to the gmail account. If I understand, i need to upload the ypops program to my desktop and then I can get the e-mails? Anything else i should know how to do with the treo that is pretty cool? I just ordered a gig card, so I hope to be able to save what i want. Not sure what programs i should use, etc?

jrs