1.    #1  
    I've lost a 512MB card but it's probably in luggage or obscure computer bag pocket or something. Would be nice to have a phone that has an RFID scanner in it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    A blatant invasion of privacy. I do not wish to have my movements tracked by a generic corporate structure. To me it's worth the $30 to buy a new one rather than surpress my freedoms more than they already have. Hope you backed up that data to another medium.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreo600
    A blatant invasion of privacy. I do not wish to have my movements tracked by a generic corporate structure. To me it's worth the $30 to buy a new one rather than surpress my freedoms more than they already have. Hope you backed up that data to another medium.
    rfid is very flexible. it's entirely possible to add an rfid tag that does absolutely nothing more than say "i'm an SD card. here i am". no other identifiable info on it, and nothing tying it to you, specifically.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I've lost a 512MB card but it's probably in luggage or obscure computer bag pocket or something. Would be nice to have a phone that has an RFID scanner in it.
    It already exists!

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7191

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Very cool, and for a different application. Contactless? For ID purposes or for data transfer as well?

I just want to be able to find my cards. Now if the phone could just scan RFID tags.

Mr. Paranoid in post 2, RFID tags can also be used w/out invasion of privacy.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 11/26/2004 at 12:35 AM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery