1.    #1  
    I've had my 650 almost 48 hours and I still can't make a call. And Sprint has taken the day off.

Bottom line, last night I was told it would start working within 4 hours. This morning, when I try to place a call, I get the "your service cannot be verified" error.

When I call customer service, I find that all the human beings have taken the day off. *2 doesn't even work today (I get a message "you must first dial an area code when dialing this number"!)

To access my account on the web site, I need the password, which they provide by sending a text message to my phone. Of course, if my phone were working, I wouldn't need help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way I could kick-start the provisioning of my phone without having to talk to a human being?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hey bud.. I hope this helps you provision

Go to the Dial Pad and type ##3282 and hit dial.. This will bring you to your data page. If you go to the MENU you will see UPDATE VISION PROFILE. Give this a shot.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    I have absolutley no idea if this applies to your situation, but I set mine up last night and had to hit the green phone button and then ##944989# and my phone rebooted had to imput my cell # and in msid the phone number to. I am no expert by any means, but I can certainly understand your frustrations...I hoped and prayed that mine would do fine cause I knew I would be unable to get assistance till Friday with the holiday.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    I just called the number PalmOne sent me via email and got right through to activate my phone. I talked with a person, I think it was someone in another country, and it was done in just a couple minutes.

1-888-715-4588 is the number PalmOne gave for existing customers.

Mike
    MAC_Lady... that number is your MSL, it's different for each phone. i would write down your msl and msid for future reference however, in case you want to do anything troubleshooting the phone later on.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Go to the Dial Pad and type ##3282 and hit dial.. This will bring you to your data page. If you go to the MENU you will see UPDATE VISION PROFILE. Give this a shot.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had to enter the 6 digit number they gave me yesterday to unlock it. Unfortunately, when I try the UPDATE PROFILE, I get prompted "Your phone must be configured for Vision services", and when I tell to go ahead, it says "Connecting to Sprint Provisioning", and then "Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later."
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    I just called the number PalmOne sent me via email and got right through to activate my phone. I talked with a person, I think it was someone in another country, and it was done in just a couple minutes.

1-888-715-4588 is the number PalmOne gave for existing customers.
    Thanks for the new number. It seems to end up in the same place, though. The automated activation system still tells me my phone has already been activated, starts to transfer me to a customer service queue, and then I get the recording that everyone is on holiday.

How did you get to a real person?
    I set up mine yesterday and within 4 hrs it worked perfectly. Sounds like a Sprint issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by investwisely
    I set up mine yesterday and within 4 hrs it worked perfectly. Sounds like a Sprint issue.
    I called sprint and this is an all new record. Literally, within 5 minutes, my phone was activated. Began receiving calls almost immediately and vision began working in a couple hours, though I had to manually disconnect and connect about 5 times before the process went through. But it took no second call!
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by dumas
    Thanks for the new number. It seems to end up in the same place, though. The automated activation system still tells me my phone has already been activated, starts to transfer me to a customer service queue, and then I get the recording that everyone is on holiday.

How did you get to a real person?
    I called the number, went through the system asking whether I needed to activate a new phone. After entering the ESN it transferred me a CSR and he did the rest for me. He told me it would take an hour, but it was receiving calls in about 10 minutes, and Vision worked in less than 45 minutes, but did require a soft reset to get it to connect and provision correctly.

My guess is that, since your phone is technically activated already, it sends you too another part of the system. Maybe you could try using the ESN from your old phone initially to see if that gets you to someone different. You could then explain the issue.

I haven't done much of anything with the phone yet, but I can say that this phone absolutely rocks.

Mike
    Maybe this will just **** you off, but I was very surprised today, after finishing the turkey dinner, Sprint called me about an outstanding trouble ticket for my SMS problem ( can't SMS other carriers with phone # only ). Everyone said he must have been calling from India, but I heard absolutly no accent.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  12.    #12  
    This morning I called the activation number from my Palm email, and was immediately connected to a person. When I described the symptom, she told me it sounded as if my phone was not programmed correctly, walked me into the phone activation menu, and told me the first number there should be my phone number, but the second should not. She gave me the correct number for the second field, and my phone now works.

When I told her that a Sprint rep had told me to put my phone number in both fields, she apologized and waived my activation fee.

Still no data service, but I'll give it a few hours.
    Welp....now I know what that is LOL! I had it memorized cause I was so nervous it took me three times to imput it!!

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    As far as the 2nd number are you referring to the MSID? I was walked through my seteup last tuesday and they brought me up to ther page where you enter your number and then your msid and he said to put the same number in both fields here I am 4 days later and no service yet. I was told by a rep on wednesday that it wont be on till Saturday morning....

TS
    Turbosteve, I to had to put both my number in the tellie and msid fields and mine was active in about an hour or so. I would call them back and raise a rucuss. Saturday is unacceptable in my book. Did they offer a reasonable explanation?

while trying to decide if I wanted to keep this phone, I have activated and deactivated and activated again several times and every time I put my # in both fields. I have always been running in about 30mins or less. I believe the second # is connected to the data and has to be your# in order to work properly.
    The MSID is a number that sprint's system uses to identify your phone in the network. The cell phone number is your number. Normally these always used to be the same, but if you port a number in, they are not... Got it?
  18.    #18  
    Ah-ha! My number was indeed ported from Verizon. That would also explain how the first rep made that mistake -- still a mistake, but not something done out of complete ignorance.