1.    #1  
    Like all the Europeans/Asians here (and some americans too) I am waiting till 2005 for my GSM Treo 650. In the meantime I have been following early adopters reviews of CDMA model, particularly the memory issue.

I have read the palm exlpanation of the memory issue here
    and the offer of 128Mb SD card offer.

I have to say that,from my point of view, P1 "solution" to T650 "memory problem" is simply not enough.

While other choices of NOT upgrading Treo 600 capabilities made by P1 can be understandable (WiFi, 1.3Mpix cam. etc...), it is very difficult to take this memory DOWNGRADE in a device that is supposed to be more advanced.

Since the total memory is the same and the files occupies more, according to P1 example 252Kb vs 950 Kb for a hypotetical 1000 contacts+600 calendar+200 memos+100 todo's.

I can´t take the 128Mb SD card, that option was already there for T600. The only real solution is MORE INTERNAL RAM, say 64 or 128 Mb if you are trying to sell the T650 as an evolution of T600.

I have never been myself a power user - or at least do not consider myself like one of them . But just the use of few applications (Lightwave, Snappermail, Documents to Go, a couple of games, and Mapapolis) and you easlily will run out of memory in your T600. I prefer not to think about the T650.

In my life I have owned probably more than 20 computers an not single upgrade has included a memory reduction.
    Last edited by margnoz; 11/25/2004 at 03:05 AM.
    Well don't buy one then. Problem solved, and it's a free solution. P1 is trying to correct their mistake. If that's not good enough, then get a sidekick, PPC, etc.

My 650, despite it's minor flaws, is the most innovative and useful device I've ever owned. If you don't like the 650, just wait on the 700, 750, 800, whatever. But understand there will always be something else that will disappoint you. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by margnoz
    In my life I have owned probably more than 20 computers an not single upgrade has included a memory reduction.

Well, he has a point there.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by margnoz
    I have to say that,from my point of view, P1 "solution" to T650 "memory problem" is simply not enough.
    It's not a solution, it's simply a gesture. You're wrong about the real solution to the problem, as well -- the problem is the disparity between the size of the sectors in the NVFS versus the size of the records written to each sector, so what the 650 needs is a way to use the memory it has more efficiently.
    In favor of goofy names: MyTreo.net.
    which apparently they are going to try to do, hopefully before May
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Well don't buy one then. Problem solved, and it's a free solution. P1 is trying to correct their mistake. If that's not good enough, then get a sidekick, PPC, etc.

My 650, despite it's minor flaws, is the most innovative and useful device I've ever owned. If you don't like the 650, just wait on the 700, 750, 800, whatever. But understand there will always be something else that will disappoint you. Good luck.
    Its funny on the whole "Take this Palm or shove it" attidude on this board.