1.    #1  
    I'm sure most of you have read the story by now, but here's the important information you need to know from PalmOne:

We understand that this [running apps from an SD Card] is not an optimal solution for our power users, and palmOne is committed to providing a great experience for all our users. Therefore, we will work to improve the user experience by doing the following:

* Work on a system software (ROM) upgrade that will increase memory use efficiency to allow users to recapture most of the NVFS overhead space currently lost to them; and

* Make available a free 128MB SD expansion card to Treo 650 purchasers on request to help with memory management until the ROM upgrade becomes available . (Details on this program will be posted on the support site in early December.)

I for one say GOOD for them for addressing the issue! Granted a 128 SD card ISN'T the best but I can DEFINATELY appreciate their proactive approach to this problem! Let's have a stop to all the PalmOne hate huh?

EDIT: Please lock this thread, I wasn't aware there was already another one in existance. Sorry for cluttering up the board!
    I for one say, how in the hell did this issue not get noticed prior to release? What kind of beta was being done? One day out of the box and it's in your face P1. Unbelievable!
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotchi
    I for one say GOOD for them for addressing the issue! Granted a 128 SD card ISN'T the best but I can DEFINATELY appreciate their proactive approach to this problem! Let's have a stop to all the PalmOne hate huh?
    Lol!

Now THAT was a "Perfect PRPRPR $Hit$&$quot$;!

== "...They'll pick up on this soon, IMHO, unless PalmOne proactively makes
    == whatever that mainstream media would say "old news" by saying something
    == like "We're working on it" (thus causing the editors of the mainstream media
    == to quash the commentary...)..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=190

Whatta game!
    Now I wonder which one would have costed more, installing a 64 MB NAND chip in the damn thing to begin with, or giving away a 128 MB SD card?

I wonder if the Roadshow guy that said his best Bluetooth accessory for the 650 his new Audi A6 will still be able to own the A6 if he loses his job over this SNAFU. He also made the comment at the DC roadshow that the memory decision
    was monetarily based and that a few dollars for a single unit was no big deal, but for hundreds of thousands of units it is a big deal. Maybe licensing RealPlayer over increased memory wasn't such a hot idea?!?!

Now I wonder if I should cancel my VC order and wait for a 650 with more memory to come out, keep my order and see if the 650 works fine for me and ebay it when the "next" 650 comes out, or just. At $350 it is probably still a good deal.