1.    #1  
    I'm currently evaluating KsDatebook as a free Datebook replacement and have the following problem: Both use the same database, thus when I enter an alarm event, both apps react to it and sound an alarm (via the alarm manager). So it is listet twice.
    Is there any way to disable the default Datebook app from sounding alarms? I cannot find the setting if one exists. Any help is appreciated!

Joern.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody?
    I'm only guessing here but when I trialed one of the datebook apps, there was a setting that enabled that app to "handle alarms" which gave alarm control to that app. I believe it may have been Datebk5. Not sure if ksDatebook has similar toggle/setting.
  4.    #4  
    I haven't seen this option so far. My wish would be that the regular calendar app has this option so I can disable it sounding alarms...

Jav.
    dbAlarm might work for this, but installation of it is complicated. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'll report on it when I do.
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm
    Here's your answer, and it's a freebie: 1xalarm
    D/L: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/1xalarm.shtml

(Incidentally, if anyone's being hassled with Agendus crashes per double alarms, install the freebie, set it to "datebook", and turn OFF alarm handling in Agendus. Finally, my device is stable, *with* Agendus <gasp>)
    Does 1xAlarm actually work for anyone with a Treo 650? It doesn't work for me, and I'm wondering if it is user error. I always get duplicate alarms, one from Datebook and one from KsDatebook, even with 1xAlarm installed and enabled.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    My solution was to move ksDatebook to the SD card and the problem was solved - only one alarm rings
    Is there another way do do this? If I mobe ksDatebook to my card, I can't map it to a button on my T650
    Anyone noticed a significant lag using KSDatebook? Mine takes almost 5 senconds before the screen comes up.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerjake1
    Is there another way do do this? If I mobe ksDatebook to my card, I can't map it to a button on my T650
    If you use LauncherX it has a slick feature called shortcuts that will let you map an app on SD card to a hardbutton, see their support page for more info and details of how to create a shortcut.

Not sure if other launchers have this ability or not....

ERic