1.    #1  
    I'm receiving my 650 on Friday and I'm totally new to all this.

So...

Outside of what it comes with, what would you say is the essential software to get for it?

Thanks!
    It all depends on how you want to use the Treo! In any case, here's my short list of apps that I consider essentail:

email: snappermail/versamail 650 comes with latter so it depends what you need. Chatter is also great for puch IMAP.

DTG7: already bundled with Treo

Pocket Tunes: much better than bundled Real player on Treo

Uninstall Manager from Northglide.com. Very handy and keeps Treo clean!

Memory manager: will need one to deal with constraints of NVFS on 650. I recommend PowerRun for newbies but others here like full fledged replacement launchers like Zlauncher.

Backup app: Not sure which one is compatible yet: BackupbuddyVFS maybe?

File manager: FileZ if FREE!

IM: Verichat, Causerie, Chatopus, chatter etc. I use veichat

Image viewer: AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $builtin$ $viewer$ $on$ $650$ $is$ $nice$, $but$ $Resco$ $is$ $probably$ $best$ $all$ $around$ $viewer$ $for$ $PalmOS$

Media: Again bulitn is good afiak, but MMplayer and kinoma are recommend. Former plays native divx, mpg etc with conversion.

Voice recorder app: Builtin only works for ringers afaikafaikafaik. $Soundrec$ $from$ $infinitybally$ $is$ $free$. $Also$ $checkout$ $audacity$, $PAR$ $etc$

micelaneous freeware I recommend include: SiED, Moepaint, Clockpop, Bigclock v2.03/treo, VFSi, snapcalc, ereader, etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    And all these programs now work on the 650, do they?

Thanks
    Last edited by Saint Treo; 11/27/2004 at 11:00 AM.