Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My 650 keeps rebooting with just about every other web page I try to pull up. This is very disappointing - especially for a $599 device.

Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    Anyone else having this problem?

After setting up Versamail successfully to my work POP3 account, now when I try to see if I have any new messages by pressing "Get" mail, the software apparently makes the 650 reboot! Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    Anyone else having this problem?

After setting up Versamail successfully to my work POP3 account, now when I try to see if I have any new messages by pressing "Get" mail, the software apparently makes the 650 reboot! Help!
    After having versamail working for a few days more or less o.k., NOW I'm having this problem. It started after I tried adjusting my setting to get SSL working...

I also get this weird "Sync Palm Changes" no matter what.....
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    mine would soft reset whenever I would launch it! I had to do a few hard resets to get it working. I think it may be "unsaved preferences" be the culprit. I spent 6 hours last night playing with my new toy.
    For a hard reset do you lose EVERYTHING and need to resync and reinstall all your programs?

I'm away for thanksgiving so I'd rather not do this... How exactly does one do a hard reset?
    Press power button, take out battery, put the battery back in, let the power button go when you see the round gray Palm logo. Press up to select Yes - erase all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    After having versamail working for a few days more or less o.k., NOW I'm having this problem. It started after I tried adjusting my setting to get SSL working...

I also get this weird "Sync Palm Changes" no matter what.....
    As an update....deleting ALL the old emails in versamail seems to make it work now....

Another memory issue?
    I have been using the Sprint Treo 650 for 5 days. Just now, the unit begins to reset itself after accessing VersaMail, every time.
    ##377 showed "A crash occurred on 11/25/2004 12:12 AM while running VeraMail: VFSDBCache.c, line 3522 block runs inconsistent."

Any one experienced this?
    Any idea?
    Thanks. It worked after I deleted all the mail in the box of 650.
    < merged all versamail problem threads>
    Moved to communications.
    Versamail keeps shutting off my phone after about 5 seconds each time I go into it. How do I wipe it off my 650?

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
  11. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have another versamail problem that just started today. When I ask the 650 to retrieve email it connects to the server and then comes back with an error message. "Invalid user name or password". I don't know what to do to fix it. The only way I can get email on the 650 is to sync with Outlook. This wouldn't do much good when I am out of the office.

I tried sending and when I clicked SEND I got the same error message as above. When I clicked OK it sent the email. I sent it to my wife's email and it arrived. I don't get it.
    Last edited by hub; 11/26/2004 at 06:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I had versamail working just fine, syncing with my main account via IMAP, but then today it crashed the phone when getting a message with multiple attachments (six, one of which was over 100k). After deleting the message on the server, things are syncing fine again. I wonder if some of the problems other people are having with soft resets in versamail are also due to the nature of the messages themselves.....
    Versa mail works perfectly on my 650.
    It works on my corporate pop3 account.
    When I send mail from my Treo, it looks like it is being sent from my desk!!!
    Wow...a great improvment over sprint pcs mail.

All works fine until I decide to set up filters for mail.
    This just sends the mail to cycberspace.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It all comes back when I delete the
    filters.
    VersaMail crashes and causes reboot. When I first got my Treo 650, I setup VersaMail and it was working OK. I then hot synced it with my old 600 profile. Now it reboots the Treo when I try to enter the VersaMail program. So, I hard reset it (hold reset button and power button down, don't let go of the power button until palmone animations comes on) and was back to factory default. This time I setup a new profile. I setup the VersaMail program again. It worked OK for awhile. Then, I did delete older than... which moved a bunch of email to the Trash folder. Then, when I tried to empty Trash, reboot. Then I tried to setup auto-purge of the Trash. Now it reboots when I enter versamail, rendering it useless again.

This led me to fix #2. By this time, I don't want to go back to factory default. So, I did this to reset Versamail without resetting anything else:

1) installed Filez on my 650 (http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml)

2) Using Filez, deleted all Versamail files (all files that have MMSend, MultiMail and MMIDCache in their name)

This solution worked good. VersaMail is now back to new.

I now have a new reboot issue now with VersaMail; reboots whenever I try to add an email address to my contacts. I just workaround this problem by avoiding this feature.

Versamail is prone to reboot on any issue it has... which seems to be a lot. I hope they release a patch soon. If there already is one, will someone please post the URL here?
    Last edited by ChaosCaptain; 11/27/2004 at 03:39 PM.
    i've been using versamail since getting the T650 a week ago thursday, the 18th. i sync with both a POP3 and an IMAP account. it has worked just fine for me, with the exception of one spontaneous reboot while in versamail, for reasons unknown. that was several days ago, none since then.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12