Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    YOU really help me. This VERSA**** is bad. With out you i dont know what tod do

Thanks my man.. YOu are great
    so what do you use besides versa mail for u'r pop3 accounts if versa sucks?
    I've been using the exact Pop account for a year on my Treo 600.

Now I get this timout error after setting up my account. Confirmed with AT&T all my settings are correct, works fine on the 600 btw.

Any ideas? Bet this one goes back.
    I fixed the reboot problem versamail was having with the filez program. Now my problem is when I try to "get" mail, it always comes back with nothing. I try it numerous times, but it never gets anything. Any help would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy
    After a couple days of flawless operation, my VersaMail started causing reboots on any performed action within it.

By dialing ##377 after the reboot, the error was in VFSDBCache.c line 5???.

I suspected a corrupt file. I discovered how to reset VersaMail back to a virginal state.

WARNING: The following procedure will erase all the VersaMail email and settings stored on the Treo650. Server messages will not be touched

I used the file manager Filez to delete the following files:

MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

Basically any files with a creator asc3 or asc4 that is not in ROM. The creator is visible via 'details' in Filez.

After doing this, launching VersaMail will bring up the initial setup wizard. Redefine your account and preferences and you should have a working VersaMail again.

This procedure 'worked for me' on my Treo650. Don't blame me if you do it and your Treo eats your cat and then explodes.

Hope this is helpful to others. Maybe somebody can make this post sticky.
    Just sought out this thread because today, my Versamail started causing reboots. I don't really follow these instructions though. I don't use Filez first of all, nor am i really familiar with what exactly it is. Does one have to actually go INTO Versamail to delete these files? Because I can't. All I do is go to my pulldown application menu, tap "Versamail," and BOOM! Soft reset.

Any help is appreciated. This just started out of nowhere.....
    Well that was a bit of a disaster! I followed the instructions on that link (thanks for that, by the way!), but now I can't get onto the web anymore! I'm pretty sure I only deleted files on that list. But now when I go to Versamail (which no longer causes a soft reset), and tap "GET," I get "Unable to Establish PPP Connection."

I tried just plain logging onto the internet, which is also a no-go now.

Suggestions??

Thanks guys....

EDIT: I wanted to add a couple of things I just remembered that might be relevant.

- I installed FileZ on my sd memory card, not on my phone
    - up in the top right corner, it says "ROM" and it was checked. I unchecked it because in the instructions "In the very top right corner, make sure "PalmCard" is selected (do NOT select the name of your SD/MMC expansion card, if listed)." I somehow thought that ROM meant my expansion card, so I just unchecked it.
    - I then clicked on "Internal" and began checking off items on the list given that I should delete. I then went through the process of re-configuring Versamail. That's when I discovered I could no longer access the web.

Does any of this info help anyone know what I did wrong and how to resolve it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jefferson; 02/09/2005 at 04:47 PM. Reason: additional info
    Ouch, if you have good backup, I'd start over after a full reset.

Todd/Indy
    Actually, BackupMan saved the day!
    As much as I've tried I'm still having major issues with Versamail. I've deleted the files mentioned in this thread and it did increase the speed of the "Get" temporarily but today, the next day, I'm back where I started.

Versamail hangs when I "Get", with or without "Sync Server Folders" selected. If it does happen to go through and sync with the server it normally performs a soft reset after the operation.

I've tried Chatteremail and it's great but it doesn't integrate as well with the rest of the PDA/phone and it doesn't take advantage of the high-resolution screen (yet). I'd really like to get Versamail working. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Do you think PalmOne would be able to help though phone support?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory17
    As much as I've tried I'm still having major issues with Versamail. I've deleted the files mentioned in this thread and it did increase the speed of the "Get" temporarily but today, the next day, I'm back where I started.

Versamail hangs when I "Get", with or without "Sync Server Folders" selected. If it does happen to go through and sync with the server it normally performs a soft reset after the operation.

I've tried Chatteremail and it's great but it doesn't integrate as well with the rest of the PDA/phone and it doesn't take advantage of the high-resolution screen (yet). I'd really like to get Versamail working. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Do you think PalmOne would be able to help though phone support?
    Use snappermail
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Dumb Question - do all the T650 mail apps support ActiveSync or just Versamail ?
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    Versa Mail is CRAP... CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. The functionality is good, I got all the folders working and all that nice stuff, but it crashes no matter WHAT you do.

I've deleted all the config files 6 times, and no matter what, it will start crashing and resetting the device.

It's too bad, it's actually quite nice and did work on my "Sprint" Treo 650 a lot more reliably, but still crashed on occasion. On GSM it's just puke for some reason.

Now I'm trying Chatter Email. It works quite differently, but after learning the nuances it's quite nice.

Chatter Email has NEVER crashed my device yet.

Isn't that sad that a third party app is 10 times more stable?

Jeebus.
    Chatter mail doesn't take advantage of the hi-res screen? Use the View menu otion, slect compressed views and use small fonts.... Way more realestate than Versamail, at least in thew folder views.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Can you completely delete VersaMail from the T650?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Linux...you da man...!!

I have sent hours on hold with P1, while holding for my third call in on this problem, I followed your fix and boom-DONE!

Thanks bud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf
    Linux...you da man...!!

I have sent hours on hold with P1, while holding for my third call in on this problem, I followed your fix and boom-DONE!

Thanks bud!
    You think it's a fix? Give it a few days. It will be un-fixed.
    installed FileZ, deleted the files as you said, and PRESTO-MAGICO!!!

love it....got my versa mail back (have goodlink via work installed as well)....you've made 2 or 3 colleagues a lot happier today

thanks again
    i assume one must remove the files from the backup folder as well, no?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast