Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks to all! It solved the problem for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Deleting just MultiMail Disconnected helped me.
    Deleting that one file fixed my T650 also....

thanks
    i would really appreciate if people who use aol on their palm with versamail help me. i try to use it and it works but it is very slow. how do you set it up to work smooth and fast. all i really want is to be ablw to check my aol mail from my treo. i dont want it to sync when i hotsync etc. i just want to see what emails i have and read them. i would hope that each one i open and read, or delete, will do the same on the server. so that when i get home, i only see new emails i havnt pulled on my treo. is this all possible. i want it to work like the aol prc program i have used in the past. that worked perfect. it pulled all mail and when i opened or deleted one on my treo, i could actual see it disappear on my aol when i had it opened on my laptop in front of me, etc. i dont use the aol software on my treo 650 b.c it crashes after a while. it worked on my treo 600 but not sol clean on my treo 650
    please help
    pm me if you can help
    mark
    Jeff
    I'm suddenly experincing this problem. I get now get: " A reset was caused while running Versamail. VFSDBCache.c, line 3522 block runs inconsistent" Whn I attempt to Sync my email (both Outlook and POP)

Versamail was working fine until I made a change under "Options-> Preferences.

My question is how excatly do i do this? I'm not familar with FileZ. Is this something on my 650 or something I need to download it?

Original Posting:

I used the file manager Filez to delete the following files:

MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

Basically any files with a creator asc3 or asc4 that is not in ROM. The creator is visible via 'details' in Filez.
    I have been using VersaMail with no problems for a couple of days and then it would reset the Treo every time I tried to start VersaMail.

I deleted the listed files and got it up and running again.

Not sure what caused the problem in the first place.

P1: Please fix this problem or give us something like Snappermail. Your owe this to your good customers.
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy
    After a couple days of flawless operation, my VersaMail started causing reboots on any performed action within it.

By dialing ##377 after the reboot, the error was in VFSDBCache.c line 5???.

I suspected a corrupt file. I discovered how to reset VersaMail back to a virginal state.

WARNING: The following procedure will erase all the VersaMail email and settings stored on the Treo650. Server messages will not be touched

I used the file manager Filez to delete the following files:

MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

Basically any files with a creator asc3 or asc4 that is not in ROM. The creator is visible via 'details' in Filez.

After doing this, launching VersaMail will bring up the initial setup wizard. Redefine your account and preferences and you should have a working VersaMail again.

This procedure 'worked for me' on my Treo650. Don't blame me if you do it and your Treo eats your cat and then explodes.

Hope this is helpful to others. Maybe somebody can make this post sticky.

Thanks!!! i too experience alot of reboots and losss of data.. I tried your suggestions and so far soo good.

Thanks!!!! I really appreciate it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades
    Versamail sucks! This is my 3rd time recovering from a VersaMail crash. The first time it crashed is when I open up VersaMail. The second time was when I try to delete a mail. The third time is when I select all and tries to delete all mail.

I think it has to do with the number of messages I have and the memory space is taking up.

A reset was caused on 12/1/04 at 8:41 am while running "VersaMail";

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3728,Non-word-aligned handle

I currently have 3 mail accounts on VersaMail. All POPs. I also hated the fact that it would add the mails I deleted when I sync up. I ended up disabling the VersaMail Conduit. I know they made some improvements from the Mail program to VersaMail, but I never had any problems with my Treo 600 program. SnapperMail is great, but I refuse to pay for a mail program. Mail should be included with the Palm. Shoot...we pay big bucks to get the phone. The least they can do is figure this one out. Come on PalmOne...

And the whole memory issue...Didn't they know that people were going to migrate from 600 to 650? Sure with a 128MB SD Card we can move all our applications there. But, I just hate it when vendors tries to give you an upgrade that is not backward compatible.

Enough venting. Hope my 650 will get better when they release a flash update.
    Which conduits do I need to disable to prevent hotsync from giving me the bad files again? I have two entries called "VersaMail" in my hotsync conduit setup that I turned off. However, I also see MMConduit-asc6 and MMNotify in there. Should those be turned off too?
    Yesterday I read an email on my 650 and when I checked email on my PC, it wasn't there. I tried to forward the email from the Treo to the PC, but the Word documents were corrupted. The email showed up on my PC this afternoon. Today there were three emails I didn't receive onny PC, but did on my Treo. when I checked the POP account via mailtoweb.com the emails were available. It is beginning to worry me (using Outlook 2003 and XP Pro). I have also had several Soft resets. Overall, working with email on the 650 has been great. WAY better than the Widows smartphone I-600
    Last edited by ouzome; 12/22/2004 at 11:12 PM.
    Anyone using fastmail imap and able to use sync on folders other than inbox? Could you post directions? Thanks
    In my case it was MNNotify... In any case, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. Huge help!

I spent 45 minutes last night on hold w/ Sprint. (They kept ducking me by putting me back in the queue...)

Thanks!

Aaron
    I, too, downloaded the SM trial and it worked like a charm. Found this thread and now versamail "works" too. I am not a heavy mobile email user but, of course, would like it when the need arises.

It would be helpful for all to determine the exact purposes of the asc3 and asc4 files. We've already seen that deleting them all fixes the problems but requires the VM account to be setup from scratch.

Did deleting MMNotify or MultiMail Disconnected alone require the VM account to be setup again? Which one(s) hold the definition of the account, etc.?

As a software engineer myself, I know that not everyone is going to have the identical experience (unless they delete all files) especially if/since there are apparently multiple bugs and everyone will likely use the software in a different way.

The part that really bothers me is that there is no real way to contact the developer and fix the damn thing. Unless we can contact the developer it will not be fixed. When tier 2 admits there's a problem they just say, "yup, sounds like a bug". I asked them, "now what? what are you going to do to fix this and how are you going to notify me when you have it fixed?" - to this they had no answer...
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    open versamail, choose inbox (make ue it is empty) click menu button and select "I" mark all as unread and watch your treo crash.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    When I set up the Treo I tried to sync Versamail with an existing Outlook account. This caused error in the hot sync process and then I couoldn't get Versamail to load from the Treo. So Versamail has never worked on my Treo.

Versamail gets stuck on the palmOne circular logo and then resets the phone.
    I have no 3rd party applications on my new Treo 650 yet. So I don't even have FileZ to look for the files mentioned in this email.

Any ideas how to fix this.

Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    When I set up the Treo I tried to sync Versamail with an existing Outlook account. This caused error in the hot sync process and then I couoldn't get Versamail to load from the Treo. So Versamail has never worked on my Treo.

Versamail gets stuck on the palmOne circular logo and then resets the phone.
    I have no 3rd party applications on my new Treo 650 yet. So I don't even have FileZ to look for the files mentioned in this email.

Any ideas how to fix this.

Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    my suggestion is, and I think it was mentioned here, is don't "cable" sync your versamail account with your PC

only do it wirelessly - there seem to be bug(s) in the cable sync process

once I deleted all of my MM files, started over, and only did wireless sync, I have not had any significant problems
    Last edited by BroncosFan; 12/31/2004 at 11:16 AM. Reason: clarity
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    GoBroncos,

Thanks for your suggestions. Since I am so new to the world of Treos--- I don't know how to delete the MM files and start over. Can you let me know how to do that.

Thanks for the year end help.

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    GoBroncos,

Thanks for your suggestions. Since I am so new to the world of Treos--- I don't know how to delete the MM files and start over. Can you let me know how to do that.

Thanks for the year end help.

JC
    download FileZ and install it on your 650 - you can find it here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=9992

as well as many other places on the internet including this forum in numerous posts (search for filez)

once it is installed and you get a basic understanding of how FileZ works reread the first post in this thread
    vm gives an error if more than one email to dwnld...none for one. if more than one I have to retrieve each sepatately, what's up w/that?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    download FileZ and install it on your 650 - you can find it here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=9992

as well as many other places on the internet including this forum in numerous posts (search for filez)

once it is installed and you get a basic understanding of how FileZ works reread the first post in this thread
    BroncosFan,

Happy New Year. One more NewB question. What is the difference between FileZ and Zlauncher? If I get one will I need the other?

Thanks for your help.

jcCoMo
    Thanks LinuxGuy, your fix worked great!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast