1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a free copy of Pocket Tunes for 650? Are most people playing MP3s with just the realplayer?
    Appreciate information.
    Eric
    Check your email.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Using Pocket Tunes... but it ain't free...

the ability to Shoutcast and get streaming music is worth it alone....
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Check your email.
    So can we use the free pocket tunes we got with the T600 for the T650? Can we erase Real Player if using pocket tunes to save space?
    I have pt Deluxe and wouldn't trade it ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    So can we use the free pocket tunes we got with the T600 for the T650? Can we erase Real Player if using pocket tunes to save space?
    The registration code I got with my 600 ptunes doesn't work on my 650, anyone else?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a shoutcast WAP weblink? Used to have one that simply let you download the links from a WAP page thru Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Does anyone have a shoutcast WAP weblink? Used to have one that simply let you download the links from a WAP page thru Blazer.
    try TreoBits.com

The Real Player is in ROM, so it's there forever. I wish is was not that way...
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    The registration code I got with my 600 ptunes doesn't work on my 650, anyone else?

Mine transferred over without a hitch. Did you keep the same user name for your Treo 650? Most Palm software matches the reg #s against the device username.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    Mine transferred over without a hitch. Did you keep the same user name for your Treo 650? Most Palm software matches the reg #s against the device username.
    I think mine was quarantined during the initial install as possible application that would conflict, however even on 600 the freebie expired. Anyone else have this? How much is pocket tunes and is it worth the fee?
    Eric
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I downloaded Ptunes 3 and used my original reg code. It works fine on the 650
    so, i have a napster subscription. i'd like to be able to play stuff i buy from there, obviously. burning to cdrom then ripping back to mp3 seems like such a kludge. the ptunes website says that they're working on being able to play protected .wma's, like napster uses. my question is - how long have they been working on that, does anyone know? if this is one of those 'coming soon' features that's been 'coming soon' for a year, i'll probably pass on ptunes for now - or at least, learn to live with the burn to cd-rip to mp3 kludge.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    Yep, same HotSyncID. I'm still using ptunes 2.3.4. 2.X was the free version that came with the 600. They want more $ to upgrade to 3.X. What version worked for you?

ERic
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Response from ptunes customer support:

"PalmOne made a decision not to include the "free" promotion on the 650 as they did on the 600 so the free code will not work for the 650, as you discovered. We did not add support for the 650 in Pocket Tunes until version 3.0.5 and you would find, even if we did give you a code, that version 2 would not be stable on your device. If you'd like to continue to use Pocket Tunes, your only option would be to purchase the version 3 upgrade at www.pocket-tunes.com/purchase.html by clicking the link to upgrade. You can use your free code to purchase the upgrade at a discount on the upgrade
    page.

Take care,
    NormSoft, Inc.
    www.normsoft.com
    www.pocket-tunes.com
    "
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    my pocket tunes is very stable on my 650.
    fyi no treo 600/650 user with pocketunes should go out of the house without this link.

http://shoutcast.com/directory/index...rderby=bitrate

this is a shoutcast page of radio station links sorted from 48kbps and down.
    if anyone knows if there is a page that rips the info out of shoutcasts top pics and presents them somewhere in a text only page that would be cool to know. if not i am planning on making such a page if people are interested.

people who are not on sprint might wanna check out 24kbps and below seeing as how we sprinters have superior bandwidth!
    for me i can stream 48kbps without a problem.
    Any help in this department?
    Just got my 650 GSM (unlocked) and need mp3 ringers. I just discovered that the 600 reg code doesn't work. I don't really need any new features, just ringers. Is there a way around this without buying an upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    try TreoBits.com

The Real Player is in ROM, so it's there forever. I wish is was not that way...
    Unless of course you use one of shadowmite's roms. You can do this if you know what you are doing.