Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone use this one yet? I am thinking of getting
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Anyone use this one yet? I am thinking of getting
    There's some discussion about it here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63449
    It is the BEST headset made works great with the 650
    Got my 850 a few days ago. The black unit which I have is the Euro version. I think that is all that you can buy right now. The blue unit is the US version. Don't think there is a major difference except that they give you a Euro charger with a US adapter.

I like the 850 better than the Jabra 250. I also had the Motorola HS810. The 810 and the 850 are the same basically. The 850 has longer battery life, you can walk futher away from your phone and stay connected. I think that the volume is better on the 850 also but it's not night and day on the volume. The 850 is probably the best on the market. The Jabra had alot of stastic. No stastic on the 810 or the 850.
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 12/04/2004 at 08:26 AM.
    I like mine also. To increase the volume try toggling the mute button on the touchscreen. For some reason this will make it louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Got my 850 a few days ago. The black unit which I have is the Euro version. I think that is all that you can buy right now. The blue unit is the US version. Don't think there is a major difference except that they give you a Euro charger with a US adapter.

I like the 850 better than the Jabra 250. I also had the Motorola HS810. The 810 and the 850 are the same basically. The 850 has longer battery life, you can walk futher away from your phone and stay connected. I think that the volume is better on the 850 also but it's not night and day on the volume. The 850 is probably the best on the market. The Jabra had alot of stastic. No stastic on the 810 or the 850.
    Does this model, or any other, let you use the Treo Voice Dial???I like this feature on my "wired" set but can't use it with my Jabra 250.
    Nobody Died when Clinton Lied!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMike
    Does this model, or any other, let you use the Treo Voice Dial???I like this feature on my "wired" set but can't use it with my Jabra 250.
    I can't tell. When you activate the voice dial it opens the mic on the 650. So I can't tell if it's hearing the mic on Treo or the mic on the bluetooth headset. I left the phone in one room and walked into the other. I then tried the voice dial. It seemed to connect but I could not tell who it was taking comands fro exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    I like mine also. To increase the volume try toggling the mute button on the touchscreen. For some reason this will make it louder.
    Yes, mine does too, but as soon as you hit the keyboard (as in erasing a voicemail for instance), the volume gain ends and reverts back to its normal lower level.

Not really a fix.

YoungTurk
    The mute also will works on my Treo as well. That goes to show you that the volume from the Treo can be increased. I have received an incoming call while on the other line and the volume on the bluetooth headset went up just as if I hit the mute button.

We need a hack to improve the volume.

Seems like someone could come up with an app or code to incease the volume.
    I also ordered the moto 850 from the overseaselectronics guy in Chicago, not knowing it would be the European version. Where is the converter? Is it in the box or did it come packages with it? I couldn't find it but I really didn't look through the box that well. I think I will return it and wait until the one is released in the US - I don't want the European version and I am a little pissed that it did not make any mention of it on their american website.

We need a hack to improve the volume.

Seems like someone could come up with an app or code to incease the volume.
    I have created a link for just that idea. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65177

Be nice to see some activity there so it will stay at the top and some developer might see it and act.
    Yep, no US adapter. I emailed him and he told me to buy one at RadioShack. What D***. Anyway, I like the black color of the European so I went to RadioShack and bought the adapter($2.99)
    what an @ss! well, i'm calling him tomorrow and if he doesn't refund all of my money (better not charge me the restocking) i am calling the better business bureau. i know it may not help, but sometimes it does.

growl.
    is this wierd cuff normal? it had lint all over it right out of the box. i'm charging it now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hardlynot
    is this wierd cuff normal? it had lint all over it right out of the box. i'm charging it now.
    Looks just like mine. The manual says it's removable to expose the earpiece only.
    For anyone using TreoGuard, I discovered that I am unable to use the side button on the HS850 to end a call if I have power/screen checked off to be disabled on incoming calls. Interestingly, I CAN answer a call with that button but NOT end the call. Unchecking that option in the "Keys" preferences allows the side button to end the call as it should.
    My HS850 came today. It has a US connector for the power adapter so I plugged it in and charged it up. But, it also has a Euro adapter for overseas travel. Is this what everyone else got? Also, I was assuming there would be a carrying case, like the HS810 but none in my package. Did anyone else get a carrying case?
    I can't tell. When you activate the voice dial it opens the mic on the 650. So I can't tell if it's hearing the mic on Treo or the mic on the bluetooth headset. I left the phone in one room and walked into the other. I then tried the voice dial. It seemed to connect but I could not tell who it was taking comands fro exactly.
    Not sure if you guys are referring to the product by VoiceSignal (I think it's Voice Dial) or Voice Dialer by Neil Grover. There was a thread on Voice Dial in the Communications section and someone claiming to be from the company said their software has bluetooth headset support, but Palm needs to implement it in a software upgrade... add that to the firmware upgrade list Voice Dialer, however, does not have built-in headset support, but their software supposedly works with bluetooth and wired headsets alike if you install Freedom. Neil said that Voice Dialer Pro (originally scheduled for release this week and delayed for ???) will have built-in bluetooth and wired headset support... but costs $15 more than Voice Dialer Standard VDP is also supposed to have system command and application launching built-in, both of which sound like nice feature additions.
    interesting. mine is the euro version with the euro plug. i had to buy a US adapter at radioshack. however, it did come with a nice harder case to carry it in.
    is yours blue or black? the blue one is supposed to be the US version and the black euro. i wish mine had a US plug. i'm not happy about having to use an adapter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast