1.    #1  
    Starting this evening, my Outlook Calendar stopped synching with my T650. Tried calling PalmOne but after being on hold for 45 minutes, at exactly 8 PM PST, the call got disconnected, calling back, got me the "We're closed" message. Good going Palm!

Now here is the problem. If I try to synch with Outlook closed, I get the following error message:

Outlook Calendar
    The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.

If I open Outlook, and then sync with Outlook open, it works just fine.

When looking at the Conduit, it shows a conflict between using a profile <Outlook> and <> ...

I also installed the Synch patch for Outlook Conduit released yesterday and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

David

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i had so many problems synching to outlook that i got pocket mirror professional xt....its 50.00 bucks....but it is thorough and reliable
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    i had so many problems synching to outlook that i got pocket mirror professional xt....its 50.00 bucks....but it is thorough and reliable
    But then how do you install apps ??? Use Hotsync and just close the conduits for Outlook?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by idfdavid
    Starting this evening, my Outlook Calendar stopped synching with my T650. Tried calling PalmOne but after being on hold for 45 minutes, at exactly 8 PM PST, the call got disconnected, calling back, got me the "We're closed" message. Good going Palm!

Now here is the problem. If I try to synch with Outlook closed, I get the following error message:

Outlook Calendar
    The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.

More information: I've uninstalled the Profile, reinstalled it ... what appears to be happening, is Outlook is staying resident. I looked in the Task Manager in XP and Outlook is still running after the synch. If I kill it there, it works. When I discovered this, I had over 20 copies of Outlook running.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    xt just serves as the outlook synch conduits...palm quick install still loads apps for me...palm should have stayed with pocket mirror for the outlook conduits,guess they didn't want to stay with a good thing/needed to change for imap and exchange server functions
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Does PM Pro XT still allow for syncing of Outlook subfolders and catagories?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    how does the memory consumption compare when using XT?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

8.    #8  
    I found my problem. As mention in an earlier post, I would find that Outlook was staying resident, so on the subsequent sync, it could not login to the profile, and this would cause the failure.

After tracking this down, started looking at some other programs that might be doing this.

I also have a MSN Direct Spotwatch. MS makes a sync utility that updates your watch automatically to your Outlook calendar. I had mine set to do this automatically. When I removed the automatic mode, and put it into manual, Outlook did NOT stay resident and now no errors synch.

I would not mind spending the $50 on Chapura if this would allow both applications to run, but concerned that the same might happen ... Unfortunately there is no trial version to try out.

David
    there is a conduit uPgrade an palms support site. I started a thread pposting last night
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    there is a conduit uPgrade an palms support site. I started a thread pposting last night
    Yep, installed it ... doesn't fix this problem on my end.
    what functionality does the upgrade conduit provide?

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    it syncs to calendar,notes, contacts and tasks like i could with mirror 3.1.6....there is no complete subfolder support....the main problem i had was that i couldn't synch to contacts and numerous reinstalls and calls to palm support didn't help.....i also had outlook synch problems with my treo600 before i upgraded to 3.1.6 and their outlook 2003 patch...after almost a week of being handicapped by this i figured 50.00 was a small price to pay if it worked and chapura has a satisfaction guarantee refund policy..here is a link below to compare what it does....their customer service rep also said more features are coming in a future update

http://www.chapura.com/pm_ks_compare.php
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I get the same error message - it won't synch to anything in Outlook. I tried removing the MS Spot, Inboxer (spam control) and even re-installing Office 2000... also reinstalling the Palm software several times. But still no luck. Does anyone else have a suggestion to get the provided software to work?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemore
    I get the same error message - it won't synch to anything in Outlook. I tried removing the MS Spot, Inboxer (spam control) and even re-installing Office 2000... also reinstalling the Palm software several times. But still no luck. Does anyone else have a suggestion to get the provided software to work?
    With me, I found that the MS Spot Autosync utility running in automated mode was keeping outlook open ... once I set it to manual, it fixed my problem. See if you have multiple copies of Outlook running.