1.    #1  
    Well i've got versamail set up so that it can find and connect with my company's exchange server. I know this only because when i tell it to "TEST" it find the server, no problem. So i know they must have a certain level of access turned on. But when i try to actually sync my mail and calendar, nothing. I get the following error:

There was a problem syncing messages. (0006)Http/1.1500 Internal Server Error Connection: Close
    Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004
    20:57:17 GMT
    Server:

Then it just gives me the OK button, and i'm back to my inbox with no mail.

Anyone have any suggestions. I do not have server access, but i know my IT guys well, and as long as i can give them simple directions, they'll probbaly help me out here. Most people here are on Blackberry's, but i'm really dying to make this work.
    Gaa. I'm having the same problem, and I'm the admin. I've messed with every setting i can think of, to no avail. Anyone have this actuallt working? If so, got any handy tips?
  3.    #3  
    I'm bumping this message only because i know somebody out here is also an exchange admin and must be able to get this damn thing working.

We could certainly use some help.

Thanks guys.
    REM Background Fetch - A scheduled send & receive of emails performed in "REM Sleep" mode; allows for true background fetching of emails without turning the screen on; doesn't "hijack" the device in the middle of usage.

This was a major plus point for the HS Mail App in the 600. Does VersaMail 3.0 on the 650 do this as well?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    We have exchange 2003 setup and IMAP4 works fine. What, if anything do I have to do with exchange or my firewall to allow activesync to work? It is my company so they will do whatever I ask.
    Mark F Chinsky
    I'm curious as to how frequently folks are synching their Versamail...I'm wondering (given the background downloading feature) how much of a battery drain frequent syncing would cause.
    I have mine set to every 30 minutes. On my 600 I was also syncing every 30 minutes. I'd use my phone throughout the day for adding meetings, notes, etc and never ran into any battery issues. I also charge my phone every night too. So far with the 650 the battery life seems to be better as the screen now turns off during a call automatically. I'll change versamail to every 15 minutes today to see what type of battery drain my phone has.
    < merged versamail sync threads >
    Moved to communications.
    Still trying to get this working. Don't know of anyone that has it working yet. Anyone?
    i get the same problem. im updating exchange with all the latest fixes as we speak.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat. I've done every thing I can think of to fix the exchange server, but can't get ActiveSync to work (500 error). I hope someone figures this BS out for us!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I resolved my HTTP 500 error. Seems you must use BOTH port 443 and port 80. To increae security, we had moved http/port 80 to another port years ago, but it looks like we have to open it up, unless someone else has another idea.