1.    #1  
    The average thread in online forums tends to discuss either knowledge gaps, or equipment problems. We have seen quite a few posts in here with people reporting issues with their T650, which sucks. But to ease any apprehension for prospective Treo 650 users...it is not all misery. I can happily say that my T650 ROCKS
    - no dead pixels
    - no audio complaints
    - reception seems okay (perhaps SLIGHTLY less than T600)
    - IR works without problem
    - have not tried BT headset yet
    - Bluetooth HotSync zooms along nicely
    - Bluetooth DUN works like a charm (thanks shadowmite!!)
    - I have had NO spontaneous resets so far, also not with the BT-DUN patch
    - Installed pretty much all the productivity and entertainment tools I need (DocsToGo, MergicVPN, PocketTunes, MobileTS, a few games, a few odds and ends) and still have 12MB free
    - connectors works fine (although I do find them scary compared to T600 connectors....the design seems to be more fragile)
    - keyboard is GREAT
    - and last but not least, the screen is absolutely AWESOME

Well worth the money for me
    Last edited by awesterink; 11/24/2004 at 09:40 PM.
    THANK YOU! Finally, I can rest tonight. I have been questioning my purchase after reading all the complaints and based on experience with 600s with dropped calls and poor voice quality.

I appreciate the good news!
    There are problems with the 650. Most people aren't imagining all these soft resets. However, I think that Sprint/Palm One will stabilize the phone and fix the more serious problems. Maybe not all the complaints, but the more serious ones that affect all users, not just the obscure ones noticed by the geeks, will probably be addressed. But I think patience will be needed. Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue around here.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    There are problems with the 650. Most people aren't imagining all these soft resets. However, I think that Sprint/Palm One will stabilize the phone and fix the more serious problems. Maybe not all the complaints, but the more serious ones that affect all users, not just the obscure ones noticed by the geeks, will probably be addressed. But I think patience will be needed. Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue around here.
    True the resets are not imaginary, but we also don't know how all these "problem" phones have been set up... 3rd party apps which should not be run on the 650 may be the culprit in a few or, perhaps, many cases. In an open arena such as this nothing outside of verifiable reports of missing or dangling parts is going to keep me from obtaining a unit myself for tryout.
    I've been playing with the 650 for a few hours now, and didn't have a single problem in the transition process. I did a clean restore, with PIM apps only, and synced apps over a dozen or so at a time. Then I proceeded to restore PowerRun, and presto - over a hundred apps on the 650 in seconds.

The one hiccup has been with SplashID getting confused and not opening up properly on the 650. I'll have to take a look at that tomorrow. Also, CardExportII doesn't seem to work, and of course I'm waiting for a non-beta BackupMan release. After that, once Verichat is resintalled and Chatter works, the 600 can be packed up and sent to eBay.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    BTW, my 600 not only ROCKS but has proven to be rock solid in all aspects so far.

Admittedly, I took an extremely cautious approach of fresh installs and one-by-one copying and overwriting of databases when setting my 650 up.
    I have had almost every high-end cell phone and pda made to date. My new 650 is an outstanding phone and pda. The reception is much better than my i500- hands down. The sound quality is a bit less but that might have to do with the candy bar style versus the flip? I must say for someone who uses a phone a lot this is an outstanding choice because the ease of use accessing eveything with one hand. The speaker phone works great as long as there is not a lot of background noise. Now if I could just find a decent holster / case to carry this around with.
    Well mine shipped with a defective bluetooth radio. Pissed me off it did, P1 is sending me a replacement, no idea when that'll arrive
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Mine is awesome as well. No problems at all, and I have plenty memory to spare. You just have to learn what works from the SD card and what doesnt and life is simple.

Of course, I do have a dead pixel, but PalmOne is replacing my 650 free next day air, so who can complain?

As they say at McDonalds, "I'm lovin' it!" (God, I hate those commercials)
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    - Bluetooth DUN works like a charm (thanks shadowmite!!)
    - I have had NO spontaneous resets so far, also not with the BT-DUN patch
    Awesome, glad to hear it... I too am starting to notice that with the inital reset to get it working right, it seems to work almost perfectly. Granted some of the problems others are seeing could be related to interconnect issues on some bluetooth hardware...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Awesome, glad to hear it... I too am starting to notice that with the inital reset to get it working right, it seems to work almost perfectly. Granted some of the problems others are seeing could be related to interconnect issues on some bluetooth hardware...
    In my case, I diligently switch DUN off before switching BT off, perhaps that helps as well. At any rate, it works flawlessy for me :-)