Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.mylifemycard.com/mywishlist/mywishlist.html

Check it out, you can also get a BMW for $5000 on Monday...

Seems like a scam to me. It's not even the AmEx website, and they ask for your credit card info. Reaks of fraud.
    I don't thinks it's a scam. There's a link to it from the American Express home page.
  4.    #4  
    go to http://home.americanexpress.com/home/mt_personal.shtml

there is a link from there...

if it's too good to be true...it really is too good to be true
    It's for real. If you check it out carefully it is in the nature of a contest, though they take pains to say is not (probably for legal reasons). There are 3 BMWs and 300 Treos at those prices and how many AMEX members are going to try for it? It is first come first served starting at the stated times and by their clock. Consider it a lottery for the motivated. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    it's for real. i saw a tv commercial for it tonight on TBS I think...
    It's for a T600 and not the T650, but for $150 it's worth it anyway.

Also, check out the NBA package they will be selling Sunday. WOW!!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    The spec sheet Amex provides for the Treo 600 doesn't specify if its GSM or CDMA, and they don't even hint at who the carrier might be.

Do you think this is just an oversight, or a hint that it's an unlocked GSM phone?
    I looked for the same info and couldn't find it either. My guess would be that who ever gets the phone should be able to choose CDMA or GSM. Probably not unlocked though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    As long as I can use it on the Cingular network, I'll make an attempt for it.

I'm dropping Sprint when my contract ends, and if I can get a Treo for $150, I'll take it. At least my accessories would still be usable.

The alternatives I've been considering are to buy some BT equipped phone, and a BT PDA. Who knows when the 650 will be available on Cingular, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much again just a year after buying the 600.
    I'll take a Treo 600 for $150... if my gf does not want it, helllllllo ebay! hehehe
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by brianz
    if it's too good to be true...it really is too good to be true

In this case, it is true and good.
    Did anyone try? I've been trying but it's like close to impossible. I click at 3:59.59, and then at 4:00 it says store is at maximum capacity.

I'm trying again at 9PM .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
  15. -c-
    Tried and got store at maximum capacity...
    I tried, but it calculates to see if it's available for like 20 seconds and then says "You missed it". I may be trying to early. I've been trying 3 seconds before it is available b/c I clicked beside the clock and it says that there is likely a 3 second difference b/w that clock and their clock. Even if you have a treo 600, give it a shot to get this, and then sell it one of your fellow TC'ers for a small profit (maybe like $20 - help a brother out at Christmas time). I'd like to put my name up first on the waiting list to buy. It would be great to help take care of the TC community than just let the Ebayers make some ton of profit. Thanks, James
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    I tried, but it calculates to see if it's available for like 20 seconds and then says "You missed it". I may be trying to early. I've been trying 3 seconds before it is available b/c I clicked beside the clock and it says that there is likely a 3 second difference b/w that clock and their clock. Even if you have a treo 600, give it a shot to get this, and then sell it one of your fellow TC'ers for a small profit (maybe like $20 - help a brother out at Christmas time). I'd like to put my name up first on the waiting list to buy. It would be great to help take care of the TC community than just let the Ebayers make some ton of profit. Thanks, James
    That's the time I've been trying, also. But, I keep on clicking starting from 3:58.59 and I didn't get it. Tried it Saturday with the bag, same technique, didn't get it.

I want to get it for my dad, and me still in school, I don't have much money, so this would be like a dream come true if I got this.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Same situation here, no dice so far...got one more chance in a couple hours here...although I really want one of those TVs tomorrow
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Who knew soooo many people were trying for the same phone at the same time.

I like those who have posted above have been trying for a $150 600. I too start out early and at both 12:00:00 and 4:00:00, I hit "I want it"...and after more than between 90 seconds to two minutes..."You Missed It" appears. I figure there are 100 phones per period. The Site says 300 Treo 600's and if the four of us, plus 96 other TreoCentral regulars are trying at the same time, one of us should have gotten the thing by now.

9:00:00 PM EDT will be here soon enough and let's see who get's one of the little buggers.

Good luck to all! :
    I smell a scam!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast