Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    heh, I'm starting to question whether there really was 300 Treo's...but today's technical problems were inexplicable.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    I was there...ya know, today was actually WORSE! I didn't get any connection problems like today...hehe a lot of people must of wanted that Treo .
    Same with me...yesterday I was on the site and clicking, but today...I couldn't even get onto the site, but what can you do. Might go out andbuy new Motorola A630 until the Treo 650 GSM is out.
    Last edited by ipacmm; 11/30/2004 at 08:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Since AMEX said "Checking PalmOne" when you first clicked the link, I guess the fault isn't totally with AMEX. The site issue is theirs, but the quick sell-out is PalmOne's deal.

Oh well. No blood, no foul...
    going going...... gone! No more left :-( oh well...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm
    Might go out andbuy new Motorola A630 until the Treo 650 GSM is out.
    Blasphemy!!!! jk... that device does not tickle my fancy even a little... I would rather stick with a Treo 600 or a Sidekick.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Yea! I got a Treo 600 at a cool price of $150!

I was able to log on. I tried to get on at 8:53 and it kept on saying loading external data with Firefox. I closed it and opened the site with IE. It took the site about 3.5 minutes to load. Once it loaded the clock said 8:58:47. I tried clicking the I want it button and it told me to come back at 9:00. I waited until 9:00:03 and clicked it told me the store was busy. I clicked again at 9:00:27 and it told me to wait while it was checking inventory.

In about 65 seconds the screen changed and told me congratulations and that I had five minutes to complete the order with a countdown clock on the bottom. I filled out the information, clicked the continue button it went to another screen to verify my address and enter my AMEX card number. I did it and it asked me shipping options (UPS Ground was free). I hit complete order and it took me to another page where I could select other merchants for additional discounts (nothing great).

A few minutes later I got an email from American Express stating the order was processed successfully and I would get another email with a tracking number once the item ships. The email had a customer service number. I called the number and they confirmed they had my order and the item would ship today and to expect it within 5-6 days.
    did you get to pick gsm or cdma?
    Quote Originally Posted by lostz711
    Yea! I got a Treo 600 at a cool price of $150!

I was able to log on. I tried to get on at 8:53 and it kept on saying loading external data with Firefox. I closed it and opened the site with IE. It took the site about 3.5 minutes to load. Once it loaded the clock said 8:58:47. I tried clicking the I want it button and it told me to come back at 9:00. I waited until 9:00:03 and clicked it told me the store was busy. I clicked again at 9:00:27 and it told me to wait while it was checking inventory.
    LOL! Congrats! You clicked later than me and you get it .
    Glad someone from TC actually won on Amex.
    I got the email and tried buying something days earlier, but the system got jammed and the odds are stacked.
    It was a lot like calling in to a radio station, and I have no patience for those games.
    guys.

i dont know how they distributed the devices. if they spread them out over the 3 times (12, 4 and 9) they were available, but i tried at noon and at 4 (two pcs and got the same try again message.

oh, btw on monday they gave a way a car (bmw?). 6 of them apparently. i'm told the server was really busy.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It did not give me the option to pick GSM or CDMA. However when I called to confirm my order the AMEX rep told me the Treos could only be used on AT&T, CIngular, and T-Mobile and if that was a problem. I told her no and that would be perfect for me.

I am glad my dad has had his eye on my Treo for work and this will make a great gift. But now that they are taking away our Treos and replacing them with Blackberry devices I am hold on this a little longer before giving it to him (at least until my 650 arrives! :-)

I've seen tons commercials and promotions about this, who knows how many millions of people are trying to get on the website. I also doubt they have all the quantities available at one time. If they have 3 BMWs they probably only put up one each time. I am sure they split it with all their items throughout the day.

BTW: Did anyone read the details for the BMW, it included full airfare and expenses at BMW Performance driving school as well the BMW. Hmmm, does anyone want to trade the Treo for a BMW :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladman
    Glad someone from TC actually won on Amex.
    I got the email and tried buying something days earlier, but the system got jammed and the odds are stacked.
    It was a lot like calling in to a radio station, and I have no patience for those games.
    This is so true. I felt like I was a teenager again trying to call the station and win some 'nose bleed' concert tickets.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Man, I really hope I can find a Treo 600 for $150 somewhere else...a NEW Treo 600...my dad really needs to upgrade . He still uses a Visor Phone!!
    Well, I failed at the 9pm EST try. Missed the other times because I was working.

Buying one was my best chance to stay with Treo for the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostz711
    It did not give me the option to pick GSM or CDMA. However when I called to confirm my order the AMEX rep told me the Treos could only be used on AT&T, CIngular, and T-Mobile and if that was a problem. I told her no and that would be perfect for me.

I am glad my dad has had his eye on my Treo for work and this will make a great gift. But now that they are taking away our Treos and replacing them with Blackberry devices I am hold on this a little longer before giving it to him (at least until my 650 arrives! :-)

I've seen tons commercials and promotions about this, who knows how many millions of people are trying to get on the website. I also doubt they have all the quantities available at one time. If they have 3 BMWs they probably only put up one each time. I am sure they split it with all their items throughout the day.

BTW: Did anyone read the details for the BMW, it included full airfare and expenses at BMW Performance driving school as well the BMW. Hmmm, does anyone want to trade the Treo for a BMW :-)

I was hoping to get one but had no luck. My VZW phone went on me on Monday so I was hoping this Treo would be a CDMA.
    Guessed I lucked out in not getting one.
    Thanks for the info
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123