Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I smell a scam!
    How can it be a scam? It's directly from AMEX. Got two snail-mail stuffs about it from AMEX, and there are commercials on TV about it everywhere.

Now, can someone try clicking "I want it!" on the page? It keeps on giving me "The online store is at maximum capacity". Excuse me? It's been like this since 6PM, and if this keeps on happening through 9PM, it's not going to be fair!
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Now I can't even get onto the site. All it shows is "Loading External Data"
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I can't get onto the site now either...hmmmm. Too many of us going for the remaining lot?
    Same here. I refresh, now I can't get in! Thankfully I had another computer that had it loaded already, but it's still showing the "maximum capacity" message!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I can't believe this one item is "jamming" the Site, if indeed this is what's happening. Of course it could be cosmic coincidence, but who knows.

The Site's been at maximum capacity for a while?
    Now it's down?

Not like AMEX to run a scam, so it must be a technical problem. Hopefully, they get it cleared up in the next 9 minutes...

8:53 PM still "Loading External Data"
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    I can't believe this one item is "jamming" the Site, if indeed this is what's happening. Of course it could be cosmic coincidence, but who knows.

Now it's down?

Not like AMEX to run a scam, so it must be a technical problem. Hopefully, they get it cleared up in the next 9 minutes...

I also can't believe how many people want the Treo, let see if anyone can log onto the site.

Now it's down?

They cleared up the store, so now it gives me the message "You missed it! Visit 9PM...etc". Now with everyone not able to get on, I can get the Treo . haha j/k. Hopefully ya'll can get on in the next few minutes...
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Can't get onto the site using IE or Firefox...
    Can't get onto the site using IE or Firefox...
    and Safari
    me either, on two computers, same issue
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    can we file a group lawsuit for false advertising (.. Loading External Data..)
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Next steps?
    gone already!?!?

Don't worry guys, there weren't any left. I clicked 8:59:59, screen came up 9:00:00 - "You missed it! Visit tomorrow..."

Man! Trickery I tell ya...

Same thing happened at 12PM and 4PM...I wonder if there really was any...
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Site came up on Firefox first at 9:00:45 and "Missed It". "Try again tomorrow at 12:00"
    Yeah, i finally got in and clicked around 8:59:57, it took a few seconds to think then said "sorry charlie"

Can't imagine what it must have been like yesterday with the BMWs...

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Can't imagine what it must have been like yesterday with the BMWs...
    I was there...ya know, today was actually WORSE! I didn't get any connection problems like today...hehe a lot of people must of wanted that Treo .
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm not into wild theories about big companies screwing the "little people", but this was way off the mark for AMEX. The site gets blocked 20 - 30 minutes before "loading external data"...then mere seconds before the offer begins...the site magically comes up...then mere seconds more and...whoops you missed it?

Not Cool AMEX...not cool at all.

There's not even a number to dial to complain or plead cases...whatever!
    sucks
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast