1.    #1  
    Some of you may remember my post in the Treo 600 board on how to convert fonts to work on the Treo 600. Well, I'm glad to see that the same method more or less works for the Treo 650 by using YAHM (yet another hack manager) and FontHackV. I've enclosed a ZIP file with four files: YAHM, FontHackV, and two converted fonts (Sans Serif 20 and Tahoma 22). I am using Sans Serif 20 to replace Normal and Tahoma 22 to replace Bold. I'll probably play around with some other fonts and include them as I do so.

Attached are some screen prints too. I'm using the ZLauncher program with the ZLT Mozilla theme.

In case you're curious, I use the free Today 2.2 program available on PalmGear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #2  
    More pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bhodgins; 11/24/2004 at 07:36 PM.
    Thanks very much, these look great!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    fonthackv is not retaining my settings after a reset. if I choose fonts for all apps, after a reset the wrong fonts are chosen. if I select a font for a specific app, it is set to "none" after a reset.

on my 600 this would not be such a big deal (fewer resets). is anyone else experiencing this? is it the 650 or has anyone seen this with another device?

thanks.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    I used fonthackv on the treo 600 and it worked great. But on the 650 it is not retaining the settings after a reset like resperko mentioned. I switched to fonts4os5 it works great and if you get font collector you can get splashid or datebk5 fonts and use them in other apps with fonts4os5.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Fonts4OS5? I'll look into it. Meanwhile, I emailed the developer of FontHackV and he said to expect a revision in Jan. or Feb.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins
    Some of you may remember my post in the Treo 600 board on how to convert fonts to work on the Treo 600. Well, I'm glad to see that the same method more or less works for the Treo 650 by using YAHM (yet another hack manager) and FontHackV. I've enclosed a ZIP file with four files: YAHM, FontHackV, and two converted fonts (Sans Serif 20 and Tahoma 22). I am using Sans Serif 20 to replace Normal and Tahoma 22 to replace Bold. I'll probably play around with some other fonts and include them as I do so.

Attached are some screen prints too. I'm using the ZLauncher program with the ZLT Mozilla theme.

In case you're curious, I use the free Today 2.2 program available on PalmGear.
    I can't find the ZLT Mozilla theme you are using. The link didn't work (file not found). Can you attach the file (if it's free) or post a different link?

Thanks
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I see the Gorilla Theme but not the Mozilla theme. I'll try loading the Gorilla theme.

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Anyone else having alot of crashes and instability with Fonts4OS5 on the Treo 650? When enabled for "All Applications" seems to be quite the crashmiester
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I've been running it for a couple of months with no crashes.
    No crashes here either. However, I do have to go back in and enable the hack after any reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingosatemybaby
    No crashes here either. However, I do have to go back in and enable the hack after any reset.
    did you purchase it? there is an option to enable after reset. works fine with me.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    No crashes for me either. This is definately on my "buy" list. This and FontSmoother.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    did you purchase it? there is an option to enable after reset. works fine with me.
    No, was trying it out. But, was not thinking of buying unless more stable. Did not check enable after reset. Re-activating is not a problem.. its reseting that is the problem. Hmm.. maybe have an old version. Will D/L again and re-try. Thx for input
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I had an earlier version that caused a couple of resets a couple of months ago. Try uninstalling and the re-installing the newsets. I know apps behave differently for everyone on the 650, but this one has been very reliable for me.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Fonts4OS5 is great, but there's one thing I can't figure out how to do. It lets you set regular/bold/large/large-bold independently, but what about the smaller versions? Most font menus in OS5 give 8 choices, and I'd really like to use a different font family for the smaller vs. larger fonts. Any ideas?
    i too would reccomend fonts4os5... works gr8!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I'd really like to use a different font family for the smaller vs. larger fonts. Any ideas?
    Figured it out. The very small fonts are (counterintuitively) controlled by the two larger font settings, so not selecting "Select font pack" and setting the four fonts independently does what I need.