1.    #1  
    Hows your experience so far? I'm considering doing this, but am nervous about Sprints service vs. Verizon's, especially with the messages here about voice quality on the sending and receiving end the 650.

I've been with Verizon for 8 years and I'm really happy with it, but am willing to switch over for Sprint's phones and data plans if the drop in service quality is little to none.

I live in San Jose, but frequently go to NYC, DC, Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, ATL, and other parts of the East coast.

Thanks!
    me, me, me! I switched! I have no idea if their conerage will suck, I guess I have 14 days to decide (at which time I can come crawling back to verizon).
    I also switched. I've given up waiting on Verizon to release the newest/nicest phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I also switched. I've given up waiting on Verizon to release the newest/nicest phones.
    Not sure if it's been posted here, but I heard rumor at howardforums.com that some people had successfully activated the Sprint 650 on Verizon. I personally have the 650 and have been with Sprint for 3 years - no problem with coverage or quality on my end. Plus with Sprint's Free & Clear America plan you have the advantage of roaming on Verizon's network.
    Same here. Switched from Verizon to Sprint for the 650. My house is on a fringe area for data ( I get low data speeds ) but voice works fine. I travel all over the North east ( Just in Boston today ) and so far its worked just fine.
    Nope. Sprint is not my favorite carrier -- been there. I'd sooner switch to Cingular.

I'd like a Palm OS-based Smartphone with many of the features found in the 650 -- replaceable battery, high rez, bluetooth, faster processor but the Treo 650, with its memory issues, is not the one. I'm pretty happy with my VZW Treo 600 and my VZW Kyocera 7135 (when waiting for a Treo 600 replacement.)
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone! Anyone else?
    I'm switching from VZW to Sprint. My Treo 650 came in yesterday, and I went to a Sprint PCS store to activate it. I'm holding off on porting my VZW phone number over (and hence cancelling VZW service) until I'm sure the 650 is going to work okay.

I've had Sprint service before, and I do think that Verizon has better coverage. However, Verizon charges an arm and a leg for data, so it's worth it for me to switch back to Sprint.

David
    I switched about 2 months ago....partly based on the fact that we were setting up a corporate account with Sprint, partly because Sprint has an unbeatable price of $15 for unlimited Vision, and partly because they are simply waaaay ahead of Verizon when it comes to releasing cool phones :-)

So far so good. I have done a fair amount of travel in the last two monts, including Canada, and I have had coverage everywere I went (did not venture into rural areas). Here in MI I have also driven into more rural areas, and was pleased to see I had signal almost everywhere...low signal, but signal nonetheless. Sprint Vision seems to connect even at 1 bar.

I am not complaining. I was apprehensive about leaving the almighty Verizon network as well, but so far I am happy with the switch (and my T650 ).
    Quote Originally Posted by simmons
    I'm switching from VZW to Sprint. My Treo 650 came in yesterday, and I went to a Sprint PCS store to activate it. I'm holding off on porting my VZW phone number over (and hence cancelling VZW service) until I'm sure the 650 is going to work okay.

I've had Sprint service before, and I do think that Verizon has better coverage. However, Verizon charges an arm and a leg for data, so it's worth it for me to switch back to Sprint.

David
    This is pretty much exactly what I would have said (except I haven't had Sprint before this). So far I'm happy with the coverage and dollar value. I'll be porting my number once I travel around a bit more. Right now, all is good.