Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Added recognition of Treo 650, so that now the 5-way Nav buttons will work for that device as well as correctly defaulting the browser to TreoWeb on new installs

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

FYI, I'm working on a future update that should include:

Canadian provinces for all queries, including maps & directions.
    Updated links to more recent MapQuest URLs (more recently updated data).
    Include surrounding area for business searches.
    An option to provide a way to interrupt long results.
    Reverse lookups.
    outstanding. thank you for a terrific program, and the rapid update!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Thank you, your free app is probably one of the most used software for my treo - it is a virtually indispensable tool in my line of business.

Great work!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Awesome program....even better w/5-way fixed on the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    Thank you, your free app is probably one of the most used software for my treo - it is a virtually indispensable tool in my line of business.

Great work!
    don't forget - technically it's not a 'free app'. the author would like a donation, which he's entitled to, imho.

no, i haven't donated.....yet. i'm a newb to the treo and to DA. want to try it out for a while before committing.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Attn Rick,

For us Treo 600 using DA 3.01, should we install 3.02 or is this just for the Treo 650?
    Tks
  7.    #7  
    This only affects T650 users.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Attn Rick,

For us Treo 600 using DA 3.01, should we install 3.02 or is this just for the Treo 650?
    Tks
    Rick,

Tks again for a great app.
    Great app. If I find my self using it while on the road, I will most certainly donate. Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt

Reverse lookups.
    Any update on the enhanced MapQuest links or app functionality? Thanks.
    Great app. Better than Google SMS, IMO.
    ITA, eric -- DA is terrific. The latest release works just fine on the Treo 600.
    Hello,
    I am just trying DA and think it's a great program. But I am having problems with it and am not sure if it's the program, my setup, or something else.

Try to search a business query.

Business Name - Sears
    City - Portland
    State - Oregon

I get "Query Error" screen

Message "Error getting data:0"

then an OK button.

Others get the same thing?
    Looking forwards to the Canadian update Rick. Keep up the great work! Thanks.
    Thanks for the wonderful application! This app has saved me so much time and money in not having to call 411 (and pay .75) for a telephone number and has provided help with directions, etc. on so many occasions.

It is one of the most valuable and useful apps for the Treo!

Just donated!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Yes it happens, after error when you check Show Last Results there is one in there, Sears Carpet & Upholstery Care, Portland, OR 97201, (503) 425-1700, weird, YP problem ?

QUOTE=PDXWilliam]Hello,
    I am just trying DA and think it's a great program. But I am having problems with it and am not sure if it's the program, my setup, or something else.

Business Name - Sears
    City - Portland
    State - Oregon

then an OK button.

Others get the same thing?[/QUOTE]
    I have the same results as dlbrummels when searching for that listing. Odd that it throws an error for the search yet it returns the desired results when selecting "Show Last Results". So the original search did in fact yield results but the bug preceeded the results screen. I noticed the text for that particular listing is not normally aligned (phone number seems unusually indented). Is it possible that the text formatting of the result is causing the error?
    First off this is a very nice program!

I have just upgraded to the Treo 650 and when I try to use the map or direct features a dialog comes back saying that "Selected web browser is not installed on this device".

Is this a configuration issue on my side or does this require a new build to fix?

Jeff

RTFM right? Just found the browser setting in the preferences menu. Had to set it to Treo Web to get it to work. Blazer did not work even though the 650 uses Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Added recognition of Treo 650, so that now the 5-way Nav buttons will work for that device as well as correctly defaulting the browser to TreoWeb on new installs

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

Reverse lookups.
    Hello, Rick - Can't thank you enough for continuing development of Directory Assistant. It's truly a "must-have" Treo application.

One question, though: with the move from the Treo 600 to the Treo 650, there's a lot more screen that could be used when calling up the maps. The map height is correct on the 650's screen, but its width is only ~50% of the screen. I've tried changing the URL manually once I get to the map screen, but it seems to squish it even more.

Is there any way to add a "Screen Size" option to Directory Assistant's preferences panel to allow us to take advantage of 320 x 320 resolution?

tdh
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes it happens, after error when you check Show Last Results there is one in there, Sears Carpet & Upholstery Care, Portland, OR 97201, (503) 425-1700, weird, YP problem ?

QUOTE=PDXWilliam]Hello,

Business Name - Sears
    City - Portland
    State - Oregon

then an OK button.

Others get the same thing?
    [/QUOTE]

I e-mailed the developer about this. This only seems to happen with "business" lookups, not "residential". Hope this is fixed soon...I find this program indespensible.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast