Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Longtime lurker with my first real post.

I have found some interesting features and behavior with VersaMail, and could not find any other threads discussing this, so I am starting a topic for those who are interested or frustrated. I know I am.

• Hot Sync will synchronize the VersaMail account that is associated with your Outlook Inbox (how you create this link is a mystery).
    • Hot Sync appears to sync with all other accounts in VersaMail, but in reality it does not. This 'feature' was confirmed with PalmOne tech support.
    • When HotSynching with the Outlook account, unread messages that are sent to VersaMail on the Treo from the Inbox, get marked as Read in the Inbox. PalmOne tech support had not heard of this, I am supposed to call back on Friday to see if they know more then.
    • AutoSync in VersaMail only works some of the time. VersaMail is kind enough to notifiy you every time it fails...
    • There is no way to download only messages that are new since the last time you checked or synched. The Mail application on the 600 did this. On the 650, it downloads messages you may have already read and deleted on the 650!

If anyone has these or similar issues, please post.
    Solutions are eagerly awaited....
    Mine fails to get sometime. I wish it would download the entire message without me clicked download rest of message. I have it configured to get up to 2000kb, but I thinks thats only in the attached files, not the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jodden
    Longtime lurker with my first real post.

I have found some interesting features and behavior with VersaMail, and could not find any other threads discussing this, so I am starting a topic for those who are interested or frustrated. I know I am.

• Hot Sync will synchronize the VersaMail account that is associated with your Outlook Inbox (how you create this link is a mystery).
    • Hot Sync appears to sync with all other accounts in VersaMail, but in reality it does not. This 'feature' was confirmed with PalmOne tech support.
    • When HotSynching with the Outlook account, unread messages that are sent to VersaMail on the Treo from the Inbox, get marked as Read in the Inbox. PalmOne tech support had not heard of this, I am supposed to call back on Friday to see if they know more then.
    • AutoSync in VersaMail only works some of the time. VersaMail is kind enough to notifiy you every time it fails...
    • There is no way to download only messages that are new since the last time you checked or synched. The Mail application on the 600 did this. On the 650, it downloads messages you may have already read and deleted on the 650!

If anyone has these or similar issues, please post.
    Solutions are eagerly awaited....
    I noticed another problem with T650 VersaMail vs. T600 mail. If you are looking at a list of mails (in 1-line format) and you want to delete messages based just on the headers, you can't. You need to open the message and then delete it. With T600 mail, you could just delete from the list view. That is annoying.
    Is there any way to check all email accounts, rather than having to enter them individually and click on 'get'?
    You *can* delete mail in 1-line (or 2-line) format by just looking at headers. You don't have to open each message. Make sure a message is highlighted/selected, and press Right. It will pop up a context menu where you can delete (or reply, forward, etc.) without ever opening the message.
    Also, why does Options -> Sync Server Folders only seem to exist in the first account you configure? I have my work IMAP account as primary, then my Sprint PCS IMAP account as a secondary account, and an ActiveSync account as a 3rd one. One my work account has the Sync Server Folders option. And, it doesn't work, by the way... deleting a message on VersaMail (yes, the 'delete from server when deleted from VersaMail' option is selected) doesn't take it off the server. Frustrating. My Cingular XpressMail app is looking better all the time... or Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by nc-chris
    You *can* delete mail in 1-line (or 2-line) format by just looking at headers. You don't have to open each message. Make sure a message is highlighted/selected, and press Right. It will pop up a context menu where you can delete (or reply, forward, etc.) without ever opening the message.
    Yes. I just found out the same thing and was about to post my findings. Thanks. Perhaps you can help me with my other issues:

You can't paste text into the signature file. It limits the # of characters in the signature file to MUCH less than on the T600. Also, you can set up to automatically BCC your e-mail account like on the T600 but you can't edit that individually for each e-mail (say you don't want it to BCC for just one message i.e. you don't need a copy of that message) and you can't use your signature when replying or forwarding (you could select that option on the T600). At least I believe the above is true but I hope someone can prove me wrong. I also can't get activesync to work. Test says it is OK but actual syncing fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Is there any way to check all email accounts, rather than having to enter them individually and click on 'get'?
    I would like to know the answer to this also.
    [moved]
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    I noticed another problem with T650 VersaMail vs. T600 mail. If you are looking at a list of mails (in 1-line format) and you want to delete messages based just on the headers, you can't. You need to open the message and then delete it. With T600 mail, you could just delete from the list view. That is annoying.
    When the msg is selected just hit the right key to get a pop-up that contains the delete. You can also click on multiple msgs and do the same or use the menu to do a delete.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    But previously you just had to hit one key....the backspace to delete. This is a 2 step process.
    Well, autofetching just stopped working. Maybe that issue is related to the fact that I keep on losing my data connection. But shouldn't autofetch automatically reinitiate the data connection? I think that is what happened on the T600.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    But previously you just had to hit one key....the backspace to delete. This is a 2 step process.
    If the msg is selected I believe you can hit the delete key like you're saying.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out a way to stop getting unread messages even after you delete them? This is a pain in the ***. There is an option to only get unread messages and only from a certain amount of days, but they do not work!
    Not to mention the autosync problem, this software is horrible!
    I know what you mean, brunla. So today, I tried deleting my messages, but I still kept them in the trash....
    When I synced again, the messages did NOT reappear on my phone...so I think this method will work. I'll have to try it again to see if it wasn't a fluke. Just empty the trash every night....(I have mine set to get mail from the past day.)
    jodden,

This is no mystery...I have found that deselecting "Enable Hotsync synchronization" in Versamail set-up on the PC will stop syncing your Inbox with the Treo. This will alleviate your problems and allow you to indepently manage your inbox on the Treo and the PC which I have found to be easier.

Also, my experience was that Hotsyncing was working for more than one email account on Outlook unlike what P1 told you although I no longer use this feature. Another thing is to make sure you are keeping your messages on the server so that both the PC and Treo can d/l them.
    The delete button works for me, from the multiple message view mode. If I have one message highlighted, but not opened, I can hit the delete button and delete it.
    Jodden, I can't get Versamail to sync with my outlook 2003 inbox no matter what i do. it worked for about a day then I somehow lost that "mysterious link" and haven't managed to recreate it despite reinstalling the palm desktop software and outlook, deleting and recreating the VersaMail mail account in every way I can think of. I've enquired on other threads and have had various suggestions but noone has yet given me a satisfactory answer - ie. it still doesn't work! I can send and receive emails from Versamail on my Treo 650 no problem and it appears that Versamail accesses the internet on my laptop during a hotsync. Anyone got any thought I'd love to hear them...
    I'm confused. You said you can't sync with outlook and then it says that you can get and send on the 650 with no problems. Are you saying you want the HotSync cradle process to bring emails over? If so, I think the cradle process only brings over pop/imap emails.
    Hi Tim,

When I say "sync with outlook" I mean mirrir outlook's inbox to the versamail inbox on my T650 - ie; the versamail inbox end up with a copy of every email in outlook inbox, even tho it was not received on the T650. When I refer to getting emails on the T650, I mean connecting to my mail service provider's POP server and downloading new emails directly to the T650.. it leaves them on the POP server for later retrieval by outlook..

I have used Palm handhelds for several years and this is how it has always worked, effectively giving me instant access to my email inbox anywhere without having to start up my laptop. Now if I think I'm going to need access to an email I'm forced to forward it back to myself and collect it on my T650 before outlook on my laptop has the chance to retrieve it.. this is a huge inconvenience..

I know outlook still syncs with versamail for other people.. Reading the forums, it seems that Versamail on the T650 has earned a repuation for being vey buggy & unstable. A number of other users have reported problems sync'ing with outlook and apparently Palm tech support have offered little to no useful assistance in this area..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast