Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The PHONE_LOGO hack is the hack that alows us to view call duration under details in call log. Sprint stripped this out but someone was kind enough to create a hack to view this "hidden" feature. Well this workson the Treo650 as well except I can no longer put in any ## codes. If I type in any it actually dials that nymber. Can anyone rehack this so we can get this functionality back while still keeping call duration? Thanx!
    If someone emails me a copy of the Phone overlay that's in ROM in the Sprint T650, I can patch it to do what you want. (Essentially creating a new PHONE_LOGO overlay for the Sprint T650). Since I don't have a T650 yet, I'll have to do this blind, and have one of you test it.

I'm gonna do this when I make up the whole AQUA phone overlay series for the T650, as my Sprint AQUA phone overlay has always had this "fix" in it, but I'm not gonna get to the AQUA overlays before I get a GSM T650 myself.

Bill S
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    If someone emails me a copy of the Phone overlay that's in ROM in the Sprint T650, I can patch it to do what you want. (Essentially creating a new PHONE_LOGO overlay for the Sprint T650). Since I don't have a T650 yet, I'll have to do this blind, and have one of you test it.

I'm gonna do this when I make up the whole AQUA phone overlay series for the T650, as my Sprint AQUA phone overlay has always had this "fix" in it, but I'm not gonna get to the AQUA overlays before I get a GSM T650 myself.

Bill S
    Go to it....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TVbilly, Can U use the default Treo650 radio on/off screen too please. I''ll check back later, you may need another ROM file?
    ANy updates on this?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey tvBilly.....

You can test it out on the treo 650 simulator from palmone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    ditto... any updates?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    The PHONE_LOGO hack is the hack that alows us to view call duration under details in call log. Sprint stripped this out but someone was kind enough to create a hack to view this "hidden" feature. Well this workson the Treo650 as well except I can no longer put in any ## codes. If I type in any it actually dials that nymber. Can anyone rehack this so we can get this functionality back while still keeping call duration? Thanx!
    Now by ## codes you do mean ##code# right?
    I just would like to see a version with just a high res mail icon. Call me a purist - but I like the version of the phone as shipped.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo

I think there is a small change in the way ## codes work on the 650. Instead of typing ##123456Dial, try ##123456#
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    Instead of typing ##123456Dial, try ##123456#
    On a non-"phone_logo"'ed phone both versions work.

krock says the 600 version of phone_logo.prc works on 650 if you put it on the SD card.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Now by ## codes you do mean ##code# right?
    You loose all ## functions as far as I know.
    I lost
    ##377
    ##786
    ##112325#
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    On a non-"phone_logo"'ed phone both versions work.

krock says the 600 version of phone_logo.prc works on 650 if you put it on the SD card.

ERic
    Sorry I was unclear, but I meant that the moment that I moved the phone_logo.prc to the SD card my ## codes began to work immediately, while I lost the call minute details.... I wish it were that easy though.
    yep.
    Where did you move the Phone_logo to in the SD card? Under Launcher? Anyway, I stuck it in the main area, so the PDA didn't know it was there, then transferd it to the PDA from the SD (like the Graffiti 1 libraries had to be done on the Treo600) and I still lost my ## functions. I will try your meathod once you tell me which directoty you stuck yours in on the SD card. Remember though, my Phone_logo prc may be different then your Phone_logo prc.
    Thanks,Matt

Also, which Radio on/off screen are you seeing, the old custom one from your 600, or the OEM one for the 650 (white screen, orange bar, 650 at a45degree with it's shadow behind it)?
  16.    #16  
    bump
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    bump
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    so, the Phone_Logo file jasparks made available appears to be the old original Phone_Logo file. This is NOT what I need. I need the Phone overlay file in ROM on your new Sprint T650. You have to move it to your SD card using a program like fileZ and then you have to zip it and post it. I'll modify it so that it does what the old Phone_Logo file did, only everything will remain the same, including ## codes, etc, just the call duration will now show up.

For those of you noting that moving the old Phone_Logo file to the SD card causes the ## stuff to start working again, that's because moving the Phone_Logo file to the SD card is the same as removing it, as far as the Palm OS using it to replace the one in ROM. So the ## stuff works again, but no call duration field.

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    so, the Phone_Logo file jasparks made available appears to be the old original Phone_Logo file. This is NOT what I need. I need the Phone overlay file in ROM on your new Sprint T650. You have to move it to your SD card using a program like fileZ and then you have to zip it and post it. I'll modify it so that it does what the old Phone_Logo file did, only everything will remain the same, including ## codes, etc, just the call duration will now show up.

For those of you noting that moving the old Phone_Logo file to the SD card causes the ## stuff to start working again, that's because moving the Phone_Logo file to the SD card is the same as removing it, as far as the Palm OS using it to replace the one in ROM. So the ## stuff works again, but no call duration field.

Bill S
    I've attached the only ROM files that seem like the might apply and I'm assuming one is the splash screen for turning radio on/off and one if the Phone app itself. The only thing I did not include is the "Phonetips.prc" but I can send if it's helpful.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I believe this is the file you're looking for:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast