Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Actually, the makers of Datebk5 know this happens to some users (it's mentioned in the setup instructions), so they include a little app to fix it after you install Datebk5. Look in the "Advanced Stuff" folder and install the app called resetphonebutton.prc. Voila, you get full functionality of the phone button back.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Yes, I see that now in v5.4a-p7. I was running v5.4a-p5.
    what a difference 2 p's make
    Does anyone have a list of known ## codes and what they do?

I would be interested in understanding them further.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    Does anyone have a list of known ## codes and what they do?

I would be interested in understanding them further.
    Me too!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Hmm, I pulled all the diagnostic codes out a while ago... If you search you'll find them... mainly its:

##rtn - runtime of the phone and info
    ##debug - debug info
    ##data - provisioning
    ##dual - Dual 800/1900mHz mode
    ##pcs - 1900mHz mode
    ##cdma - 800mHz mode (By the way, these were on the 600, haven't tried the 650)
    ##tethered - enables computer tether mode
    ##traceon - ???
    ##traceoff - ???
    ##on - Guess!
    ##off - Guess!
    And a couple others. I'll try to compile a master list sometime.
    This is GREAT! When I upgraded from my Treo 300 to my Treo 650 one of the things I assumed I would see is the duration info in the call log. If only I had done a bit more research and known that a hack was available for this!

I don't understand why this would be turned OFF by default?? Isn't call duration the MAIN thing people want the call log for in the first place (aside from phone-number history perhaps).

Anyway one note: I see that the "privacy indicator" bullseye at the top of the phone app does indeed disappear with this hack. I'm not sure if the function is disabled (hope not) but the icon is gone.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    I don't understand why this would be turned OFF by default?? Isn't call duration the MAIN thing people want the call log for in the first place (aside from phone-number history perhaps).
    [conspiracy]maybe Sprint doesn't want us to be able to easily keep track of our durations. So we end up using more minutes more than we should. And also so they can overcharge us, minutes at a time.[/conspiracy]

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Anyway one note: I see that the "privacy indicator" bullseye at the top of the phone app does indeed disappear with this hack. I'm not sure if the function is disabled (hope not) but the icon is gone.
    Good find. I hate that privacy indicator, what an eyesore. And it looks worse when I turn it off. Looks like I'll do this hack for more than just the "call duration."

Would be nice to know if privacy indicator is actually disabled though. Hopefully it's just cosmetic.
    The privacy indicator is eliminated by this hack by tvbilly. The overlays at my website and by stewie here at the forum are not crippled like this and still have a proper functioning icon. it's up to you if you want it or not. It does not effect the functionality.
    Personally, I prefer the icon. The overlay at your website works like a dream, shadowmite.

Thanks very much. I have you in my browser favorites now!

Regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The privacy indicator is eliminated by this hack by tvbilly. The overlays at my website and by stewie here at the forum are not crippled like this and still have a proper functioning icon. it's up to you if you want it or not. It does not effect the functionality.
    crippled?

You make it sound like I deliberately diabled this function. Since I don't even have a 650 yet (I wouldn't go with Sprint, even for free), and I whipped up the overlay at the request of a number of Sprint 650 users, I think it's a pretty good effort, and certainly wouldn't imply that I crippled it!

In any case, if I missed clearing or setting a particular bit, you might want to mention which one it is, so I can modify the Sprint overlay to show the privacy indicator. Not everyone wants to replace their ROM just to add the call duration, and the overlay can act as a template for all those that want to modify their phone buttons and graphics, something better suited to an overlay in RAM...

By the way, nice job on hacking the loader, etc.

Bill S
    Sure, there are four bytes in the flag, Each byte is 8 bits right? Well, the left most 4 bits per byte are GSM, the rightmost bits are CDMA. Simply set them all on or 0x0F... This enables every feature possible.

I didn't mean to imply you crippled it, simply that is was "crippled".
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234