Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I believe this is the file you're looking for:
    I have included that file in the archive.zip in the post above. Hopefully, between the things we've attached, bill can get the new logo up and running. Always appreciative for the industrious crowd at TC!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    so, the Phone_Logo file jasparks made available appears to be the old original Phone_Logo file. This is NOT what I need. I need the Phone overlay file in ROM on your new Sprint T650. You have to move it to your SD card using a program like fileZ and then you have to zip it and post it. I'll modify it so that it does what the old Phone_Logo file did, only everything will remain the same, including ## codes, etc, just the call duration will now show up.

For those of you noting that moving the old Phone_Logo file to the SD card causes the ## stuff to start working again, that's because moving the Phone_Logo file to the SD card is the same as removing it, as far as the Palm OS using it to replace the one in ROM. So the ## stuff works again, but no call duration field.

Bill S

Apologies...I should learn to read directions
    Yes, thanks to ERicJ and talkin73. The Phone_SPCS.prc file is just what I wanted, and I just took a look at it, and it should be easy to fix to do what you want.

EDIT: I just realized that talkin73 already sent me the phone.prc file I asked for originally in this message, so if you read the original version of this message in the past 10 minutes, nevermind. I've removed the rest of this message that isn't needed.

I should be able to upload the file you want to show call duration in a few minutes.

Bill S
    Last edited by tvBilly; 11/26/2004 at 08:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    ...so if you read the original version of this message in the past 10 minutes, nevermind. I've removed the rest of this message that isn't needed.
    and I went and downloaded Palm Insider Pro and everything too Thought I was gonna learn something new.
    Here is an overlay file for Sprint Treo 650 users. It will enable the display of call duration in the Call Log. It's easy to install, just download the .prc version directly to your T650, or download the .prc or .zip version to your Mac or PC and then hotsync it over to your T650. (Of course, if you download the .zip version, you have to un-zip it before you hotsync it).

You don't have to reset your T650 to install this file, and you don't have to turn wireless mode off to install this file. You just have to install it.

This file must be installed to main memory, not SD memory, for it to work.

For those of you who have the old Phone_LOGO.prc file installed, you should remove it before installing the new Phone_SPCS+.prc file. Having both installed is not good; only one will be recognized, and it's impossible to tell which one. Only ONE overlay file can be used at a time. All modifications must be in this one overlay file, not in multiple overlay files. It doesn't matter if the filenames are different, multiple overlay files at the same time just won't work!

If you want to remove Phone_SPCS+.prc, you can use a utility like fileZ to remove it (and again, you don't have to soft reset afterwards, and you don't have to turn wireless mode off to remove it). HOWEVER, you do have to be careful when you delete the Phone_SPCS+.prc file that you don't delete any other files. If you use the standard Palm delete function, it may delete your saved preferences and databases, which will cause you to loose all your favorites. fileZ will only delete the file you tell it to, and LauncherX will ask you if you want to delete just the file, or the file and it's preferences and databases. Be careful if you delete Phone_SPCS+.prc!

Let me know if this works!...

Bill S

ps Oh yeah, Don't use this overlay file on a Treo 600. It won't damage anything, but it won't work, and it will undoubtably confuse you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tvBilly; 11/27/2004 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Changed File Attributes of attachments
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Okay, I did learn something: according to the System Information page in Palm Insider Pro my 650 has an XScale processor running at 200MHz. I thought the 650 was supposed to be 312MHz. Is there another way to check processor clock rate, or is Palm Insider Pro not quite accurate (it also says my display is 320x480)?
    My guess is that Palm Insider Pro needs to be updated...

Let me know if the Phone_SPCS+ file does what you wanted.

Bill S
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    can't install the file....when i download it direct it says that it doesnt support this type of file and when i try to hotsyc it ...it fails
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Bill,

Can't get it to install:

HotSync operation started for me on 11/26/04 20:32:05

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\HandSpring\me\Install\Phone_SPCS+.prc
    Install synchronization failed

I thought maybe it was the "+" it didn't like so I renamed it and still failed:

HotSync operation started for me on 11/26/04 20:37:42

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\HandSpring\me\Install\Phone_SPCS_dur.prc
    Install synchronization failed

**edit** Install tool also says: ! File could not be installed. View HotSync log for details. (0x4002)

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ERicJ; 11/26/2004 at 08:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i got it to work.....sync'd it to my sd card and then moved it to internal memory with filez.....works like a charm....thanks bill
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    sync'd it to my sd card and then moved it to internal memory with filez.....works like a charm....thanks bill
    Yep me too!
    gotcha! Do we delete the old phonelogo.prc file that we put in before?
    I ran ##786# on my phone, selected diagnostics from the menu, and now I get a strange passthrough message from time to time. How do I get rid of this message? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey tvbilly, what about changing the splash screens (start-up and shutdown screens)? can it be done?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    can't install the file....when i download it direct it says that it doesnt support this type of file and when i try to hotsyc it ...it fails
    I forgot to change the Phone_SPCS+.prc file attributes. The original Phone_SPCS.prc file is set to read only and not to backup because it's in the ROM, and when I modified it, I left the file attributes set as they were. I just removed the file (and the zip version) and re-uploaded a fixed version, where the read only attribute is NOT set, and the backup attribute IS set.

If you downloaded the old version, you should download the new version, and install it. It will replace the old version.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem that the file won't hotsync and has to be transfered to the SD card and then to the T650 ram!

For those of you who have the old Phone_LOGO.prc file installed, you should remove it before installing the new Phone_SPCS+.prc file. Having both installed is not good; only one will be recognized, and it's impossible to tell which one. Only ONE overlay file can be used at a time. All modifications must be in this one overlay file, not in multiple overlay files. It doesn't matter if the filenames are different, multiple overlay files at the same time just won't work!

For those of you asking about modifying the graphics, yes it can be done, this is what I did with the AQUA series of buttons and graphics for the Treo 600. It's the Phone_SPCS+.prc that must be modified. So if you feel so inclined, you can take the Phone_SPCS+.prc file I uploaded, and modify the graphics and change the buttons, etc. I will be doing this for the AQUA series when the GSM T650 is available and I get one.

But you don't have to wait for me to do it! Search on the AQUA threads here and learn how to make your own customized phone overlay files.

Bill S
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Please let me know if this fixes the problem that the file won't hotsync and has to be transfered to the SD card and then to the T650 ram!
    Bill: "You DA man!" Works fine now.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Works like a champ with the ## commands....great job.
    Bill, thanks VERY much for your time and energy!
    For those of you asking about modifying the graphics, yes it can be done, this is what I did with the AQUA series of buttons and graphics for the Treo 600. It's the Phone_SPCS+.prc that must be modified. So if you feel so inclined, you can take the Phone_SPCS+.prc file I uploaded, and modify the graphics and change the buttons, etc. I will be doing this for the AQUA series when the GSM T650 is available and I get one.

But you don't have to wait for me to do it! Search on the AQUA threads here and learn how to make your own customized phone overlay files.

Bill S
    Thanks TV Billy, I Was just wanting the OEM SPlash Screen, not the Sprint one. It's the Default one, it's a white screen, with an orange horizontal band about 2/3 of the way down, with the Treo and it has it's shadow behind it and Radio on, there are green waves come from it. For Radio off, it's the same, minus hte waves. I found it when the version of Phone_Logo I used on my 600 was on my 650 and I loaded it. Funny, with the Phone-Logo I had, I had the call duration, it used the defualt splash, not the one in the Phone_logo file or the Sprint one, and of course, no ## commands worked. Oh yea, it also replaced the Voice Mail envelope on the #1 dial pad, back to the reel.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast