1.    #1  
    I just turned off my 600 and activated my 650, the sprint rep said I have to wait 4 hours to use the phone....

is this standard? I can't prevent someone from calling in, as I have to leave the phone on....
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    I just turned off my 600 and activated my 650, the sprint rep said I have to wait 4 hours to use the phone....

is this standard? I can't prevent someone from calling in, as I have to leave the phone on....
    It's just for provisioning purposes. Mine worked after 2 hours, but your time to activation may be shorter.
  3.    #3  
    thanks.... the phone just lit up by itself and said it needed to connect to provision.... I hit yes, and it signed in, then failed to communiate with the server...

this reminds of being of the first with the Treo300.... :\
    I left my 600 on overnight (plugged in) when I first got it (Oct 03). They told me to wait wait wait... then finally reset. I was worried that if I reset earlier, my brand new toy's radio would be mangled and no one would be able to give me a replacement.
    They told me 2+ hours, it took 45 minutes. Keep trying to call VM, one time it'll work and you know you're set.
    I called *2 from the new unactivated 650. Customer service swapped my 600 esn with the 650 esn. Total time from calling *2 to having 650 activated and provisioned = 5 minutes!
    When I provisioned mine, last friday (11/19), it took about 3 hours for it to be activated. It should be shorter, normally. Just remember to leave the phone part on.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I transferred my service from my Treo 300 to the 650 this morning (Thanksgiving day). Phone (voice) worked almost immediately. However, when the 650 tries to activate Vision, it comes back after a couple of minutes with a message saying something about a server error. It's been 2+ hours since activating the phone.

Is this a normal part of provisioning (i.e wait, keep retrying), or do I need to contact Sprint?
  9.    #9  
    it's normal... wait a few hours and trying again, mine took 3 hours....
    Mine provisioned in a little more than a half hour...

i imagine you're all set by now...
    I had a similiar problem - was getting error 67 on vision access. It turned out that Sprint put the wrong user name and password. Changed them and it worked.
    Mine took me 30 minutes to work. I was coming from a non-data phone though.
    Activated mine yesterday and it was working within a few minutes.