1.    #1  
    I am using a Sandisk 64mg SD card with my new 650. Unfortunately, it sticks up out of the device higher than it did on my 600. Is anyone else having similar issues with their cards? Could it be just a Sandisk issue?
    I thought this had been addressed in the design of the 650.
    Please help.
    Nope...it does stick out, same as the 600, albeit a little less. The only thing i noticed was the it was a little more difficult to get the sd card out of the 650 compared to the 600. (you have to push a little bit harder to get it out)
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    I am using a Sandisk 64mg SD card with my new 650. Unfortunately, it sticks up out of the device higher than it did on my 600. Is anyone else having similar issues with their cards? Could it be just a Sandisk issue?
    Please help.
    Maybe your 650 just doesn't like low memory cards

No really, I think the card profile is better, but not perfect, compared to the 600. On my 650 the card spring/lock action is very tight. It does not come out unless I really push on it so I am not worried about premature ejection!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Please help.

Are you kidding me?? It sticks up about 1mm and takes a lot of pressure to remove. Is it that much of an inconvenience??
    I lost mine when I had it in my 600... gotta get a new one... tried out a buddy's of mine on my 650 and it is definitely better... but not as good I was led to believe by some of the articles, etc... oh well... as long as I don't spend decent $$ on a 1GB or 2GB card and lose it again... but I think it'll be fine.
  6.    #6  
    Sorry to have angered you jasparks. If you notice my post did not indicate it was an inconvenience, but was just inquiring as to whether it was a Sandisk problem or all cards. But now that you mention it, I don't think its too much to ask that Palm design a device that they are going to charge $600 for, that allows the card to sit flush with the surface of the device. Regular palms don't seem to have this issue why should the more expensive Treo?
    I am at wits ends wondering what the issue is here? My SD card is nearly impossible to get to it is so far into the slot. I am beginning to think a lot of the complaining on here is people trying to start a ruckus and not really issues at all.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Sorry to have angered you jasparks. If you notice my post did not indicate it was an inconvenience, but was just inquiring as to whether it was a Sandisk problem or all cards. But now that you mention it, I don't think its too much to ask that Palm design a device that they are going to charge $600 for, that allows the card to sit flush with the surface of the device. Regular palms don't seem to have this issue why should the more expensive Treo?
    No anger here.... I have a SanDisk card myself, but if you notice, it's pretty flush with the ringer switch. After all the gripes w/the 600, I think the 650 did a pretty good job with the SD card.
    My San Disk Ultra II sticks out enough to be a concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by jodden
    My San Disk Ultra II sticks out enough to be a concern.
    yes, the card does still stick out on the 650, but the spring tension is a good five or ten times stiffer than on the 600. i've hit the top of the card with my finger lots of times, and the fact is, it takes a lot of downward pressure to disengage it. i'm satisfied that this issue is a non-issue.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I agree with MileHigh. For $600 it is a big deal to want the card to be flush with the device. The fact that it takes a bit of muscle to push the card in or out is beside the point.

Before you start jumping on the man regarding HIS $600 purchase, stop and remember how many of you cried like babies when you got your Treo 600's which suffered from the very same problem. Take the time to remember the countless threads about hacking off the top of the card to the same size as the dummy card that came in the Treo.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I agree with MileHigh. For $600 it is a big deal to want the card to be flush with the device. The fact that it takes a bit of muscle to push the card in or out is beside the point.

Before you start jumping on the man regarding HIS $600 purchase, stop and remember how many of you cried like babies when you got your Treo 600's which suffered from the very same problem.
    but what exactly *is* the problem? is the problem that it sticks out, or is the problem that it can be easily and inadvertently ejected? with the treo 600, the two issues went hand in hand, so the fact that the card was easily and inadvertently ejected was predicated on the fact that it stuck out.

with the treo 650, that is not the case. the card sticks out, but it cannot be easily and inadvertently ejected. so the treo 650 does not in fact suffer the very same problem. unless the problem, again, is nothing more and nothing less than that the card sticks out a little bit. which i can see as being a minor cosmetic issue, but other than that, it's a non-starter as problems go.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Im going to reply now and bring up the issue again. Today for I cant remember how many times now my SD card has gotten inavertantly ejected again. On my treo it doesnt take much. The card itself sticks out between 2-3 mm. If it gets bumped just right it actually shoots out of the slot and flys some distance 5 or 6 feet to be exact. Did some playing around seeing how far I can get it to fly and it goes farther than that depending on how i hold the treo.

Any ideas.

RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rjflyn
    Im going to reply now and bring up the issue again. Today for I cant remember how many times now my SD card has gotten inavertantly ejected again. On my treo it doesnt take much. The card itself sticks out between 2-3 mm. If it gets bumped just right it actually shoots out of the slot and flys some distance 5 or 6 feet to be exact. Did some playing around seeing how far I can get it to fly and it goes farther than that depending on how i hold the treo.

Any ideas.

RJ
    "You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot your eye out!"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    My card stuck out quite a bit i thought so I took my Dremel tool and grinded it down very slowly...testing the fit along the way, once I had gone far enough I use the cap end of a Bic Pen to push the card in..you can use the stylus also.

**Note as I sanded the 1GB card down I eventually noticed the plastic start to split and I could see the small circuit board...I stopped when I was level with that, I then took some Poly Filler and filled in the crack and let it dry for a couple hours.

After it was dry I used the fiances nail file/emery board or whatever they are and smoothed it down...perfect, I then touched it up with a black sharpie marker...my card cannot accidentily pop out and when I want to remove it I just use my stylus.
    If your card sticks out 2-3 mm then it's probably not latched. You have to push it in all of the way til it clicks. You then push it in again to unlatch it and it will spring out far enough to grab it.

Tom
    The card barely sticks out at all on my 650. It's just enough to allow insertion and removal by hand (as opposed to having to use the tip of a pen) but not enough to really be noticeable or a concern of any sort. It is MUCH better than on my 600.
    Palm Puke is helpful. It makes a loud sound if the card pops out.
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    I'm using a 512 MB Sandisk SD - no problems at all. It sits flush with the top of the device.
    Best. Phone. PDA. Ipod Killer. Laptop Replacement. Ever.