1.    #1  
    My hotsyns always sit forever with "midataidcache" on the screen. Does anyone know what it is and if I can delete it?

Thanks!
    I'm interested in an answer to this as well.
    It appears to be the process running on the Palm when VersaMail is connecting to your Internet mail accounts.
    Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. --Greg Bear
    It seems taht versamail and snappermail, both of which I run, are causing bluetooth sync on my T650 to take about 15 minutes. I wonder if there's a way to turn that off? I started a thread about that earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    My hotsyns always sit forever with "midataidcache" on the screen. Does anyone know what it is and if I can delete it?

Thanks!
    My hotsync sits forever too on the "midataidcache". Anyone find out whether we can delete this or not?
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by ido

Thanks!
    I've noticed that the "midataidcache" during hotsync corresponds to the VersaMail sync (as others have noted here.)

Apparantly, the VersaMail component that is part of the Palm Desktop has the capability of connecting to your mail server and downloading messages using your PC's normal internet connection. This was causing hotsync delays for me, so I disabled this activity in the PC's VersaMail setup. (Start->Programs->palmOne->VersaMail setup)

David
    If you want hotsync to skip versmail. then jsut uncheck it in the hotsync tool on your treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    can this file be deleted?
    "yes", but safely I don't know.
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650