1.    #1  
    When I received my T650 from Sprint Telesales the back cover was scratched. This was about a week ago. Since then, I've spoken to 13 people, jotted down 5 phone numbers and have 3 pages worth of note. The result: a run around and no replacement phone. The reason:

Telesales wants to charge my card again for the new phone and will then credit that charge once the damaged phone is returned. Why should the burden be on the customer?

I'm not in a position to have my card charged again because I'm applying for a mortgage. I'd to keep all charges, etc. kept to a minimum and reveal as little activity as possible - even if that charge is going to be credited.

I don't understand why Sprint cannot just charge my account instead of my card and then credit the account once they receive the phone back.

This is incredibly frustrating and I'm on the verge of dropping Sprint.

Any advice would be lovely on what I should do. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    When I received my T650 from Sprint Telesales the back cover was scratched. This was about a week ago. Since then, I've spoken to 13 people, jotted down 5 phone numbers and have 3 pages worth of note. The result: a run around and no replacement phone. The reason:

Telesales wants to charge my card again for the new phone and will then credit that charge once the damaged phone is returned. Why should the burden be on the customer?

I'm not in a position to have my card charged again because I'm applying for a mortgage. I'd to keep all charges, etc. kept to a minimum and reveal as little activity as possible - even if that charge is going to be credited.

I don't understand why Sprint cannot just charge my account instead of my card and then credit the account once they receive the phone back.

That sounds fair, I suggest you turn on the backup phone temporarly and then return the 650 for another one.
    I mean it doesnt cost anything to activate a backup phone.
    Mistaken if Im wrong, you cant live without the 650 for a few days, thats why?
    Couldn't you do an exchange at a sprint store(when the get the T650)?
  4.    #4  
    Problem is that I'm a first time Sprint user, so I don't have a back-up phone.

Also, my gripe is more about policy. Verizon never made me do this charging your card nonsense.
    Your up against a rock hard wall on this one. I had a similar enough situation about 2 years ago and it never was resolved to the end that your requesting.

The only other option is if your close to a Company owned Sprint store, you may be able to get them to exchange it on site but I don't think any of the retail stores are with inventory yet.

Also, the independent franchise stores are another option but they are not compelled to exchange the unit.

On a side note: if your applying for a mortgage the loan company is not likely to worry about the normal ebe and flow on a credit card account. They will look at it's payment trend based upon the equifax or TRW report and not care about a lousy $500 charge. If they do, then I'd suggesting looking for another mortgage company.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Unfortunately, that's the only way they can do it. Think about it from their perspective....they don't know you from anyone else....what if your claim is fraudulent, they send you a new Treo, and then you just keep both of them. They have no way of getting their money back.

I've had to do this before, and they will credit your card back. So i think that's you're only hope.
  7.    #7  
    Continuing side note: Mortgage applied for through Chase. All the pennies add up, basically. I'm just trying to avoid a situation where my CC can just be left alone. It's already taken a beating from the initial T650 order

Yeah, I discussed the issue of swapping out the phone at a Sprint store. Of course, the dilemma is what you said - stores don't have inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Your up against a rock hard wall on this one. I had a similar enough situation about 2 years ago and it never was resolved to the end that your requesting.

The only other option is if your close to a Company owned Sprint store, you may be able to get them to exchange it on site but I don't think any of the retail stores are with inventory yet.

Also, the independent franchise stores are another option but they are not compelled to exchange the unit.

On a side note: if your applying for a mortgage the loan company is not likely to worry about the normal ebe and flow on a credit card account. They will look at it's payment trend based upon the equifax or TRW report and not care about a lousy $500 charge. If they do, then I'd suggesting looking for another mortgage company.
  8.    #8  
    I understand telesales is trying to protect itself; however, why cannot they charge my PCS account?? Sprint told me that that's what they would do, and I think that's fine. Telesales has a different way of doing things. They charge the CC, which I think is unreasonable and unfair toward the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Unfortunately, that's the only way they can do it. Think about it from their perspective....they don't know you from anyone else....what if your claim is fraudulent, they send you a new Treo, and then you just keep both of them. They have no way of getting their money back.

I've had to do this before, and they will credit your card back. So i think that's you're only hope.

I saw another post today I think from the guy with the pixel issue. He mentioned that Sprint offered something called a "cross over" I think it was where they sent him the new phone with the packaging for him to return the bad one.

Eric

I would just live with the scratch until the Sprint Stores get the phones. It's not like there is a malfuntion. Who know's? By the time they get them it might be the upgraded unit with more memory.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I saw another post today I think from the guy with the pixel issue. He mentioned that Sprint offered something called a "cross over" I think it was where they sent him the new phone with the packaging for him to return the bad one.

Eric
    Right, and they charge you for the new phone up front.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    That is a pretty standard practice. If your mortgage is on the line and is so tight that you can't take a temp hit on the cc then I would just wait until your credit check passes. It is not like your mortgage companie is monitoring your daily cc usage. Of course if don't pay off the cc each month and leave a balence than that is an issue. If that is the case you might want to rethink the purchase altogether. Nothing worse than paying interest in a cell phone.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Right, and they charge you for the new phone up front.
    I am just telling you what I read. He did not mention that little tid bit so I could now say whether that was true or not. The way he wrote it though sort of implied to me that they did not. I can't be sure. I would not see any value in this cross over thing if he had to pay for a second one.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    That is a pretty standard practice. If your mortgage is on the line and is so tight that you can't take a temp hit on the cc then I would just wait until your credit check passes. It is not like your mortgage companie is monitoring your daily cc usage. Of course if don't pay off the cc each month and leave a balence than that is an issue. If that is the case you might want to rethink the purchase altogether. Nothing worse than paying interest in a cell phone.
    I fully understand this guy with the mortgage, just did that myself and they pull another report just before closing. This additional charge could be a deal breaker, especially if it takes him to over 50% of his limit on that card, effects FICO score, etc. Don't screw up your loan over a phone. Can't you (the original guy) just hand carry it to a local store and deal with it that way?
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace

They could bill his account.
  16.    #16  
    But they're not - because it was done through telesales. What crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    They could bill his account.
  17.    #17  
    Or maybe Sprint won't be in the picture anymore and I can keep my T650:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63563

When I would take in my Treo 600 into the Sprint store for replacement, they would just order a replacement, and would call me when they received the replacement. The swap would occur there at the store.