Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    The REAL reason WiFi was not included is because BlueTooth operates in the same radio band as WiFi. (2.4 ghz) They simply would interfere with each other. Now I realize it is a very simple thing to turn off BlueTooth if you wanted to use WiFi but think about the normal typical joe (or jane) who has no concept of RF (radio frequency) issues. They would typically turn on both BlueTooth and WiFi and wonder why it doesn't work. Then again, a software switch which would only allow one at a time might work but then joe/jane might not understand why their earpiece wouldn't work after surfing session on WiFi. So many toys so little time.
    Not true at all. I am using Bluetooth & Wifi (at the same time) on my PDA2k. It works great. No static at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR
    The REAL reason WiFi was not included is because BlueTooth operates in the same radio band as WiFi. (2.4 ghz) They simply would interfere with each other. Now I realize it is a very simple thing to turn off BlueTooth if you wanted to use WiFi but think about the normal typical joe (or jane) who has no concept of RF (radio frequency) issues. They would typically turn on both BlueTooth and WiFi and wonder why it doesn't work. Then again, a software switch which would only allow one at a time might work but then joe/jane might not understand why their earpiece wouldn't work after surfing session on WiFi. So many toys so little time.
    No this is not the reason. If PalmOne and carriers wanted to integrate wifi to the 650, then they would simply use BT 1.2 that uses frequency hopping technology to reduce interference between wifi and BT. Also, there are many tri-wireless devices out there like the hp6300, XDAIII, etc that use triwireless...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    No this is not the reason. If PalmOne and carriers wanted to integrate wifi to the 650, then they would simply use BT 1.2 that uses frequency hopping technology to reduce interference between wifi and BT. Also, there are many tri-wireless devices out there like the hp6300, XDAIII, etc that use triwireless...
    Precisely my point. Your choice of words in Bold above more than implies the potential for problems. Yes, BT 1.2 would have improved things but they didn't use version 1.2. PalmOne went with version 1.1 which can be heard as interferance in a BlueTooth Headset near a WiFi system. That was my only point as a clarification of my previous post.

Cheers
    Rees
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12