Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have tried Verichat, AIM and Mundu to use IM but I can't seem to get thru. I get "error accessing network". I use T-mobile t-zones and have no propblem using blazer and after checking numerous threads here the consensus is that you CAN use t-zones for IM...
    Is there something I am doing wrong?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    This might be why:

"People could be suffering from the T-Zones on tmobile. I had unlimited t-zones and everything worked fine up until about two weeks agos. Seems tmobile cracked down on some of the ports on tzones. I just turned on unlimited internet and everything works as advertised.

Thanks to the Causerie team for there patience while helping me troubleshoot the problem! "

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Scotty, so you're saying I have to get unlimited $19.99? But why can I still access the internet? I don't think I can get to secure (https) sites, but is that because t-zones goes thru port 80 and IM goes thru a different port. I'm not exactly a tech guy so these terms are new to me. Thanks for your help!
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    The IM services like AIM, Yahoo, MSN etc use different port numbers to access those services (the standard ports used for AIM is 5190, Yahoo is 5050, MSN is 1863).

I assume the IM clients like Verichat and Causerie use these same ports (or similar) to connect to those services. If those ports are disabled on t-zones, then that would be why you can't connect.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Oh well, thanks again.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Ask support@pdaapps.com for a T-zones specific version of Verichat and you will be all set.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Thank you!
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com