1.    #1  
    This is the first time I am using any type of message boards and I really hope I am doing this correctly. I have been reading these boards for the last 12 months since I got my Sprint Treo 600 and I am now going to buy two 650's (one for me and one for my wife) and giving my 600 to my partner (we all work in the same office). All on Sprint. In fact, the first 650 should be at my house today from PalmOne. The second, whenever ViennaChannels ships.

I have searched the threads about performing a wireless hotsync and there was information back in 2002 from mitchema on configuring a Treo 300 which was very useful but the thread moved on to DNS name resolution issues and lost it's original purpose (not bad but I needed to get back on track).

Although I used to be able to use my private IP address (192.168.X.XXX) and the name of my computer to wireless hotsync, that stopped working and I am not sure why. I played with port openings, DMZ, SP2 firewall and other settings. I eventually did a hard reset and used the !! and public IP address as recommended by mitchema and it is now working.

My question now is as follows: How can all three of us wirelessly hotsync to the office if I am using the !! and public IP method? Even if I could get the old method to work again, the ports can only forward to one internal IP address. Has anyone else thought about this?

I would like to see some replies just to know I have posted this correctly and if someone wants to give me pointers (nicely) on what I may have done incorrectly in this post, I wouldn't mind that either. Thanks.
    Can you please share with us how you set this up for a single user? I'd love to learn how to do this.

Thx!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by emtreo
    Can you please share with us how you set this up for a single user? I'd love to learn how to do this.

Thx!
    If you do a search for mitchema, you will find a thread called Wireless Hotsync that gives the details for a 300. It has worked for me on a 600 and 650. But that only answers the question for one user.