1.    #1  
    Howdy folks -

First thanks for all the help on this board. Would be impossible to navigate the treo world without it.

I used to use an application for my treo 300 called TC Ringer which allowed me to manage ringtones, and add polyphonic ringtones, etc through the sync.

From what I read on PalmOne, the only way to add ringtones to the 650 is through the web browser or versamail on the phone? That is really lame if so. I want to be able to download ringtones and add them through my computer via sync the way I did with my 300.

Is this not possible? And if so, what application do I need to perform these functions, does TC Ringer exist for the 650?

Many many thanks.
    on the 300, ringtones HAD to be put in PDB (palm data base) format and HAD to be sync'ed onto the phone. the 600 and 650 handle individual midi files. the PDB files for the 300 were just midi files that had been converted to pdb format.

i suspect that once the dust settles, you will be able to copy ringtones to your card and somebody will make software that easily moves them over to the phone's memory. in fact i have not used one but i would not be surprised if some of the existing file managers can do that.

i know already that you CAN drag wav files into the lower (sd card) box on the palm sync window, whereas if you try to drop them in the top box that moves them to the phone rom, it won't do it.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. so until such program comes out, where do you reccomend for getting polyphonic ringtones, and how do i get them onto my 650?
    If you mean "MIDI" when you say "polyphonic", then you should be able to google for MIDI files and find something you like. Once you do, load up the link that file in Blazer and it'll download. Save the file to "Sounds", not your SD card, and it'll be available as a Tone in the Sound app.
    Is there an MP3 ringtone player out there?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by mindloop
    thanks. so until such program comes out, where do you reccomend for getting polyphonic ringtones, and how do i get them onto my 650?
    at the risk of being self-serving, you can get 50 ringtones that i have been selling at handango for $6.95 for the 300 and 600 and they work great on the 650 as well. i realize you can get lots of midi's for free but these have been specially tweaked and edited to be ringtones.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=1

also, i just re-did them the other night after playing with my new 650 so that when you download the file, you also get a link to my web site where you can download them directly onto your phone (instead of using the downloaded midi's) i have links set up to each ringtone, so you just navigate to the site with blazer and click on the link for each ringtone you want, then just save it as a sound. no inputing of addresses or anything, just links.

and there are a couple of bonus tones at the download site, including a great version of the harry potter theme.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Is there an MP3 ringtone player out there?
    as far as i know, lightwav will use mp3's as ringtones, but i also suspect that the treo might be able to use them without another program... though lightwave also adds more functions too. i have already found that it can handle wav files without assistance.

elsewhere on this board, it was indicated that lightwav works on the 650