1.    #1  
    I ordered my T650 on monday and ported my number over at the same time. I recieved my unit yesterday and tried to set it up, no go. Sprint logo and all and the vision symbol and all but no service. I called sprint and they said it should be done by Saturday.. WTF 6 days at sprint when I ported my number out of sprint a year a go it took 12 hours. I'm now on 15 hours of 'activating' my phone and even vision hasnt kicked on. i know when i ported out i could make outbound calls just not recieve them on my new phone I can't even do that. Should Vision at least work?! Are there any ## codes to push vision down? I did one code last night with a tech and we verified the MSID was correct thats it....

Other than that the unit is great, few quirks with software carryover but ok otherwise.

TS
    They provisioned mine in about 10 minutes.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    I believe the number porting only happens a couple of times a week. I ordered my Treo last Thursday and they didn't port the number until Tuesday morning.

At the same time I ordered a new treo with a new number and it worked out of the box.
    Anywhere from 1 minute to 4 hours. If it is over 4 hours than I would talk to tier 2.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #5  
    Interesting Chuckie I never thought that they might only do it a couple of times a week. Did you phone work AT ALL before they ported you?

TS
  6.    #6  
    Ugh just got off a 1+hr call to sprint, my provisioning is slated to take 6 days! WTF I asked... I had already called my current carrier they said they released my # within a hour of when I originally called Sprint to change over so thats not a problem. I can't get anyone in the portability department to help cause they are in India and read from a script. I literally got read the same line 4 times in a row each time with a different question prefacing it. When I asked to escalate to Tier 2 she flat out said no we no longer do that. I finally got a tech support poerson who said she had no clue why it would take that long and she wrote up a ticket to have someone look in to it.

Why would it possibly take 6 days to port my number? I have a $600 paperweight until Sprint figures out what thier doing. How can some ppl have # port in 10 min to 2 hours when others days almsot a week? Anyone know some direct numbers to Tier 2 that might actually be able to DO something?

Grrrrrr, it's stuff like this why I left Sprint in the first place, which incidentally took 2 hours to port OUT of Sprint.....

TS