1.    #1  
    I have noticed a few posts citing volume issues with some Bluetooth headsets but wanted to get more feedback.

I have tried the Jabra 250 and Motorola HS820 with the 650. Both haedsets have exteremly low volume. No matter what adjuctments I make, the sound is way too low. Surprisingly, the party I am talking to can hear me fine.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? Has anyone found a headset that can deliver volume? Is it the phone?

Thanks.
    I was just in Starbucks grabbing a coffee. I had my Bluetrek G2 headset on listening to voicemails. The instant I walked into the store (which was far from noisy) the audio was way too quiet to hear. I constantly find myself trying to increase the volume, when it's already maxed. What a gimmick bluetooth is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I was just in Starbucks grabbing a coffee. I had my Bluetrek G2 headset on listening to voicemails. The instant I walked into the store (which was far from noisy) the audio was way too quiet to hear. I constantly find myself trying to increase the volume, when it's already maxed. What a gimmick bluetooth is.

The problem is not bluetooth. The problem is your headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by kboogie
    The problem is not bluetooth. The problem is your headset.
    Agreed. I had no problems with the volume on the Jabra BT250 on either the Treo 650 or PPC-6601 whereas the HS810 from Moto was horrible. I cannot recommend the BT250, though, because the RF reception is horrible. I can't be more than 2 ft. away from the phone. Even my pocket is too far for the headset...
    I just got the Bluetrek G2 and have noticed a weird volume issue. When I max the volume out during a call, it doesn't get any louder. If i press the mic button on the Treo 650 (muting the mic), the sound gets louder. When I press the mic again to stop the mute feature, the sound still stays loud. If i hang up and make another call, I have to do the same steps (mute and unmute mic) to get the volume louder.
    I have NO problems whatsoever with Motorola HS850 Volume great on Both ends
    This thing Rox..... I could not be happier and I have tried th Bt200. bt250 & Plantronics M2500
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffster1
    I have noticed a few posts citing volume issues with some Bluetooth headsets but wanted to get more feedback.

I have tried the Jabra 250 and Motorola HS820 with the 650. Both haedsets have exteremly low volume. No matter what adjuctments I make, the sound is way too low. Surprisingly, the party I am talking to can hear me fine.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? Has anyone found a headset that can deliver volume? Is it the phone?

Thanks.
    I had the same problem with the 820 it was very soft, never had a compliant from customers etc actually my assistant said it was the the best sounding headset I had worn, but if you can"t hear it, its useless.
    Last edited by sjjones; 12/03/2004 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgs2k
    I just got the Bluetrek G2 and have noticed a weird volume issue. When I max the volume out during a call, it doesn't get any louder. If i press the mic button on the Treo 650 (muting the mic), the sound gets louder. When I press the mic again to stop the mute feature, the sound still stays loud. If i hang up and make another call, I have to do the same steps (mute and unmute mic) to get the volume louder.

Both my HS810 and HS820 Do the same thing
    got an 850 here; doesn't do anything to my volume (unfortunately)
    I also have a 810 an muting the headset indeed makes the headset louder.
    Hey... that's pretty cool... I have a Logitech Mobile Bluetooth. Muting on the Treo 650 makes the volume louder. If I then unmute, it stays louder.

Is there a way to mute using a hard button? I may do this everytime.

This is definitely a bug in the treo...

Hmm.. How do we submit bugs?
    In my experience, connecting a Motorola H820 to a Treo 650 it would connect but no volume initially, muted mic on phone no help when I clicked on the mic on the headset it would enable the headset and disable the speaker option on the phone which seems to be the issue, if yours isn't working then it definately is the headset issue and should be replaced because they just work.
    Same problem on a Siemens SX66 Pocket PC. Low audio, mute/unmute fixes problem. Volume was very good initially, then dropped considerably after some use. Have had headset for 3-4 weeks. So this is not a treo problem but a headset problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by svein01
    Same problem on a Siemens SX66 Pocket PC. Low audio, mute/unmute fixes problem. Volume was very good initially, then dropped considerably after some use. Have had headset for 3-4 weeks. So this is not a treo problem but a headset problem.
    NO its the bluetooth software on the phones. Sprint Treos have been corrected.