Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Go with StarCaddy. I've had it for 2 years. It's great. Yes, the maps are $20 but they are worth it. I've basically bought the five or six courses I play on a regular basis. If however you want a map for all the courses you play including those you play on vacation it can get very expensive. Their next release I've been told will enable you to go back and replay the round so that you can see where you hit all your shots.
    OK, I took your advice and downloaded StarCaddy. It works perfectly with my 650 and Navman 4460 (Bluetooth GPS). They already had my two courses plotted out, so I am set to go! Now if someone would figure out how to do an app that allows you to keep a db of pin positions, ball positions, and record the approximate breaks between various combinations of these two as you run into them (along with grain of course!) I would not have to remember anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangold
    Trecocentral store has the EMTAC unit. Bluetooth GPS that works with the 650. Also has its own NAV software. I suppose the big benfit here is the ability to store the map data on the SD card , but the drawback is one can only use one Bluetooth device at a time. I agree with the previsous posts on IGolf. Have been testing it the past few days and works like a dream. I never knew there was a patch for the 650 from Mapopolis, but their latest version 2.3 seems to work without it. I live in LA, and have loaded two 4MB MAP files internally (LA-NW and LA-SW).
    The "one bluetooth device at a time" is a limitation of the Sprint Treos only. The Cingular ones work just fine switching from GPS to headset and back again. Apparently, it's yet another thing that will be fixed in the patch...
    I actually have igolf, intelligolf and starcaddy. Star is definitely the most polished of the three, and for the few courses I frequent, it's pretty amazing. I do play near a NASA facility and GPS gets flaky on a hole or two near there, otherwise good.

I use the Leadtek 9357 and am looking for a good way to mount both units on my pullcart and somehow in a regular cart. I saw in a previous post about the shot by shot recording of the next version of star, that and recording your club selection would complete this--so it can recommend a club back to you based on past performance.

I think igolf and intelligolf have some functions that work OK, but overall the idea of burying my head in my PDA while I am trying to golf is not so good. I wish there was an easy way to type things easily onto the touchscreen or keyboard without a stylus--like all the info you care about displayed on the screen until you touch it, then big buttons on the touchscreen to type club or whatever in, then it pops back. Ergonomics please! I'm outdoors, wearing a glove, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by wardak
    I use the Leadtek 9357 and am looking for a good way to mount both units on my pullcart and somehow in a regular cart. I saw in a previous post about the shot by shot recording of the next version of star, that and recording your club selection would complete this--so it can recommend a club back to you based on past performance.
    I will be using my formfit case next round, because you can see the screen without removing the treo from the case, and then perhaps attach it to my cart. GPS can go in a pouch in the bag.

Recapping:

GPS for XMAS
    Starcaddy for b-day
    New pull cart to hold treo for Father's day?

Clue
    Quote Originally Posted by fmertz
    Pig headded I am, but glad I am! I bought the iGolf GPS SD when I had my 600. I'm guessing due to the underpowered nature of the 600 SD implementation, the SD card worked spotty at best. I kept playing around, and fiddling, and bugging iGolf and Mapopolis, and hoping...

Well, with the 650, the card works perfectly, and I'm loving life. I tried it out several times yesterday, and in the car I have several satellites in view at all times. It works flawlessly. There is a display fix for Mapopolis on the 650, and you need to be running Version 2 of the software, and then apply the fix over the 2.0 version. Voice prompts, and only one wire - the car charger for the Treo! I live in DC, and the maps for the city, and surrounding burbs all fit in my current memory management. While I wish there was memory on the SD reciever, this is a very workable system.
    I'm doing research, when you had problems with the 600 what support did you get for i-golf? Just came acrorr your post.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12