1.    #1  
    Sorry to bother everyone again with a question on Zlauncher, but I wanted to ask: is it necessary to install a program on the physical memory of the 650 and then transfer it over to the SD card? When I install a program onto the SD card, it doesn't work. That leaves another question: how is everyone getting their mp3's onto the SD card? I know that if you install them through quickinstall, it eats up a LOT of memory from the SD card.

Thanks again for your help! I don't know what i'd do with this board!
    yep, install to the RAM, then once in the RAM, go into ZL. then press and hold the icon for the program that you want to move to the SD. a dialogue will come up. You can choose "move to card". Additionally, make sure that you choose to "create a shortcut " on the subsequent dialogue if you want to be able to sync the application and its databases
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #3  
    Thanks monkey! (hehe i feel a little strange typing that)

What about mp3's? how are you all getting them onto the SD card? I'm currently using card export 2, but i don't really like the idea of having to pay for two file management programs. Thanks again!
    Does Zlauncher have a problem with the 5way control when launching apps on an SD card? After I moved things over to SD, it wouldn't see to work unless I used my stylus to click on a shortcut.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Does Zlauncher have a problem with the 5way control when launching apps on an SD card? After I moved things over to SD, it wouldn't see to work unless I used my stylus to click on a shortcut.

Yes there is an issue. You can hit the return key to launch it. Also, Powerrun does not have this problem.
    As long as we're on ZLauncher, where can you get a manual for it? When I click on the html file that comes in the zipped file, I am taken to a site that immediately switches to a "page unavailbale" message. It seems like a detailed enough program that a manual would be helpful.
    Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes there is an issue. You can hit the return key to launch it. Also, Powerrun does not have this problem.

sxtg, does that mean that you would recommend using powerrun over Zlauncher? which launcher/file manager app do you endorse?

offtopic: posting from my 650! man LOVE this thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    As long as we're on ZLauncher, where can you get a manual for it? When I click on the html file that comes in the zipped file, I am taken to a site that immediately switches to a "page unavailbale" message. It seems like a detailed enough program that a manual would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    YOu have to open the zip file and then extract it ALL to your desktop and then open it. That is why you're getting the page unavailable message...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotchi
    sxtg, does that mean that you would recommend using powerrun over Zlauncher? which launcher/file manager app do you endorse?

I recommend PowerRun to newbies b/c it is much simpler to use. Also it is fine if all you want is the mem manager functionality without a total launcher replacement...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    can someone post step by step how to set up zlauncher... this app is so confusing , I bought it and played with it and got sooo lost that I had deleted it and revert back the more friendly user powerrun though I have a feeling I am missing something by not figuring how to use zlauncher...help help help
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotchi

I like them both but have settled on Powerrun. Zlauncher is way cool and does a lot, however it comes at a cost. It adds a windows like atmosphere to your palm pretty cool but it seems to slow down the device even native apps.

Powerrun is clean and simple. Like Gfunk said if all you need is mem management this is definately the better choice. The 5way works perfect and as mentioned my 650 seems more responsive than with Zlauncher

They both come with a 30day trial DL both and see which one you like best.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks sxtg! After trying them both, I realized that I don't need all the bells and whistles of zlauncher, just a memory manager. PowerRun it is!