Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    That is what I said. I call them every 36hours and they give me the same BS. Basically they are so busy with the nationwide SMS problems that they haven't had time to fix my problem.

At least I can send SMS messages, it is just that I have to go into shormail to get any SMS messages that are sent to me.
    This sounds a lot like me. I'm able to send SMS directly from my Treo, but I get the stupid short mail notice everytime someone texts (is that the verb form???) me. I've called in twice this week, and both times they said it should be taken care of in a couple days. No go.

You would think Sprint may want to figure out how to correct this faster. This problem is probably eating up a lot of bandwidth, seeing as you have to log on to Vision and click the message. I'm hoping to get some sort of credit on my account if it's not resolved quickly.
    Update -- I called tech support this afternoon, and they said that they've "narrowed the problem down to the BMG system." The tech I spoke with (1st level) said that there wasn't an ETA, but 'guessed' ot would be 6-8 hours at most. We'll see. I'll update later.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsman78
    Update -- I called tech support this afternoon, and they said that they've "narrowed the problem down to the BMG system." The tech I spoke with (1st level) said that there wasn't an ETA, but 'guessed' ot would be 6-8 hours at most. We'll see. I'll update later.
    Yeah, my problem is in the BMG system system, and 2 weeks later still no one has worked my issue. Even went into my local SPCS store and had them talk to tech support and they couldnt push it any further.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I feel really bad for you guys

Maybe you should talk to the customer retention people at Sprint. That is just ridiculous...
    yeah.... the thought has crossed my mind. i left sprint a year ago and decided to come back for the treo (and a lot of people i know are on it and better reception here in milwaukee area) but this experience makes me wonder why i came back. i love the two but issues like these are what causes customers to leave SPCS.

also an update- despite them telling me they were going to call me within 36 hours of placing the trouble ticket they did not so i called them today. issue is still open. no resolution in sight....
    Quote Originally Posted by iSyncT608
    them telling me they were going to call me within 36 hours of placing the trouble ticket they did not so i called them today. issue is still open. no resolution in sight....
    welcome ot the club...
    yeah.... the thought has crossed my mind. i left sprint a year ago and decided to come back for the treo (and a lot of people i know are on it and better reception here in milwaukee area) but this experience makes me wonder why i came back. i love the two but issues like these are what causes customers to leave SPCS.

also an update- despite them telling me they were going to call me within 36 hours of placing the trouble ticket they did not so i called them today. issue is still open. no resolution in sight....
    Still SMS isn't working right. Here's what's so weird about it. Sending direct from the Treo it's no problem. Receiving from online text message services (I used Yahoo's), no problem. Receiving from other phones, problem. This makes no sense.

Here's more: I was on the phone with a tech who sounded like he knew something. I told him what was happening after he checked on the service ticket and he said it wasn't in the BMG/DNG system. While he was trying to check something else . . . I lost signal and the call was dropped!!! I wasn't surprised at all.
    has anyone tried changing their preference online in my account from automatic to SMS to see if that solves the issue? the one downside i know sprint says is that customers who can not receive SMS will not get messages......
    has anyone tried changing their preference online in my account from automatic to SMS to see if that solves the issue? the one downside i know sprint says is that customers who can not receive SMS will not get messages......

been there...done that...and it doesn't fix the problem (at least for me), as mines is with the BMG system.
    I am having this problem also. Text messageing is a must for my business. If this is not resolved within the 14 day evaluation period, I will go back to my old phone, which by the way worked just fine.
    Bruce
    Very frustrating I have a ticket number from 3 days ago. They didn't call me like they said they would I called them today they said it is showing up on their system that I received two sms messages today. They were short mail messages. I called again three times today makes a total of about 20 times. I got hung up on three times. Sprint Sucks a$% they are terrible I am just in amazement of how rude and incompent they are.
    I finally got a hold of someone who knew what they were doing. He deleted my whole vision package and reprovisioned the phone allowing sms messages. Ten minutes later I can get sms messages. It only took 7 days and about 20 phone calls but it is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I finally got a hold of someone who knew what they were doing. He deleted my whole vision package and reprovisioned the phone allowing sms messages. Ten minutes later I can get sms messages. It only took 7 days and about 20 phone calls but it is done.

maybe i will try this yet again. i had my phone reprovisioned 4 times already (2 with removing the vision & readding it)
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    Exactly. I am a converted Nextel User and text messaging was totally useless. Nextel should rename it S*** Mail Service
    Tell me about it! SMS was incoming only, had to use the web stuff to send one. I received a constant stream of spam via SMS even though I never used it or gave it out. They were happy to charge me per message dispite the fact I had unlimited data services.

My other gripe with Nextel was selling a phone and services for GPS but being unable to make it work after several attempts. In my experience, customer service with all of these companies is more like customer dis-service.

Setting those issues aside, i always had good signal and call quality.

In the end though, I traded up to a T650 on Sprint (not sure ths print part is a trade up).

It's coming up on a month since I've been on Sprint. So far so good as far as signal quality and call quality. The data service is MUCH better before even considering the abondance of internet apps on the Treo.

I have managed to screw up my treo because I hosed some software while futsing with ZLauncher and i get resets from snappermail during autochecks once a day or so but I believe that will be worked out soon by the publisher.

-Sam

P.S. Sorry for the hijack
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    OK. SMS is FINALLY working right for me. It only took 10 days from my initial phone call and a total of about 12 calls to tech support. Here's the scoop.

What finally fixed my problem was when the reprovisioned my vision service. It was actually the second time that they did it. The first time it didn't work. But the guy I talked to this afternoon finally got it to go through. He told me to leave my phone off but stay off the web. About 15-20 minutes later my Treo had a message with something to the effect of "Vision services must be added to this phone." I can't remember what it was word for word, but it was some message about adding vision to my phone.

Here's how I'd suggest getting it to work for you if you're having the same sort of problem. Call up *2 and get to tech support/data/services. Tell the first person you talk to that you SMS isn't working right and you need to get your vision reprovisioned. Leave your phone on and wait for some sort of message about adding vision.

I hope this helps!!!
  16.    #56  
    Damn, I started this thread and never really came back to check it after the first person said SMS works fine for him. I have since returned my 650 due to all the problems I'd been experiencing... But now I'm thinking about coming back because the 650 is still pretty cool, even with the crashes and lags.
  17.    #57  
    I think I just hijacked my own thread.
    pfft...my isht still isnit working
    progress. After 3 weeks, I got 1 phone fixed today, after calling in again. They were supposed to have fixed both phones but only one works. They just can't seem it get isht right!
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    progress. After 3 weeks, I got 1 phone fixed today, after calling in again. They were supposed to have fixed both phones but only one works. They just can't seem it get isht right!
    I agree. I don't know why it's such a hard thing to do simple switch. Their website has the ability to change the method of sending text messages (through the web only), but their own tech support has to do a major overhaul of the vision service???

That completely blows my mind. Whoever wrote the code for the techs' software is hopefully no longer working for Sprint. It should be as simple as a check box on the screen.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast