Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    So, Short Mail is kinda like Nextels lame attempt at SMS
    Exactly. I am a converted Nextel User and text messaging was totally useless. Nextel should rename it S*** Mail Service
    Well SPCS figured out what was wrong and created a trouble ticket for both of my phones. They said it would be fixed within 36 hours. I will report bace then.

Basically, they looked into their SMS tool and found a setting stating that my phone was only shortmail capable. There are two options; Shortmail or 2-Way SMS. Mines had shortmail checked. So that should fix my problem, but gotta wait 36 hours. Oy Vey....
    I think I have used EVERY carrier, and Nextel by far is the worst for texting. Good job getting off them.

Now, can anyone help me solve the problem in this link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63447
    shata- was your issue ever resolved with the trouble ticket filed with sprint??
    Quote Originally Posted by iSyncT608
    shata- was your issue ever resolved with the trouble ticket filed with sprint??
    Not yet. They opened a trouble ticket but in 2 weeks not a single person has worked the ticket yet. I asked for the ticket to be escalated last week, and still nothing. Not really much I cna do, all they have to do is change a setting on their end.
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Forgive me but what is shortmail vs sms?
    ShortMail is WO-SMS (web-oriented Short Message Service)

SMS (aka text messeage) is MO-SMS (Mobile-oriented Short Message Service)
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    Not yet. They opened a trouble ticket but in 2 weeks not a single person has worked the ticket yet. I asked for the ticket to be escalated last week, and still nothing. Not really much I cna do, all they have to do is change a setting on their end.
    thanks for the update. i have been having a similar issue myself. with SPCS users i can send or receive SMS no problem. a sprint tech with a carrier other than spcs sent me a message no problem. BUT a message to or from Verizon customers do not go through. Sprint keeps saying they do not know what it wrong. I am calling back again tomorrow to get a trouble ticket for the issue as it is driving me nuts!
    Just run Messaging
    Click New
    Just enter the phone number (not as an email address)

I SMS to a friend in Canada and New Zealand all the time. I think it's way better on Treo than other phones. You guys are quick to judge it seems.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    You guys are quick to judge it seems.
    If the SMS is NOT WORKING between sprint and another carrier on this phone how is that quick to judge? Fact is SMS to other Sprint users are fine, to anyone other than a Sprint customer chances are they are not going through. If a SMS is sent to or from VZW I will guarantee it is not going through. As a customer who uses SMS all we ask is that it actually works!
    iSync, I have Sprint and I can send sms from my Treo to Tmobile ATT Verizon and Sprint phones by just using the mobile phone number. This is within the US.
    I hope this isn't a issue for me. For, I am awaiting a Treo 650, and I will be highly upset, if I had to go through the web to retrieve my text messages. I am a text message junkie. I use it, just as much as I use email. Therefore, if what you guys are saying is true, I might have second thoughts on keeping the Treo 650 when I actually recieve one to test out myself.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Just run Messaging
    Click New
    Just enter the phone number (not as an email address)

I SMS to a friend in Canada and New Zealand all the time. I think it's way better on Treo than other phones. You guys are quick to judge it seems.

All due respect, it seems that you don't completely understand what we are talking about, so you may want to invest in a little STFU, before your quick judgment.

No one is judging anything. The problem is when you are coming from a shortmail capable only phone to a true SMS phone, SMS is not properly working. SPCS has identified my problem 2 weeks ago and opened a trouble ticket that they have yet to work on in 2 weeks. Not much to judge there, just the cold hard facts of my problems with the Treo 650 & SMS. Mind you I have this problem on both of my Treo 650's as I upgraded both phones from a shortmail only phone. So I have to sit and play the waiting game, to see when SPCS feels like fixing my problem.
    Last edited by shanta; 12/12/2004 at 04:18 PM.
    I am having the same problem I gave my 600 to my wife who previously had a samsung a500. I got a new number on the 650 and sms is working fine. Her 600 goes to short mail with every sms. I called Sprint 7 times even came up with the solution for them, morons. I told them it has something to do with the phone number switch from a previous phone which couldn't get sms text messages to the 600. They said no all the settings are okay. One tier 2 person told me that is the way the 600 receives messages. I had the 600 for a year before giving it to my wife and text messages worked fine then. Today I got the old system wide problem response and that sprint knows about it the problem is a week old they should get it fixed someday. Idiots it is a simple little setting on their end thats all.

Shanta or whoever had this problem and it is fixed now could you let me know exactly what you had to do?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treonite
    If they can't help you, you can at least get a good recipe for Tandoori Chicken.

Its probably the same person who works part time for Dell, part time for Sprint and part time for Adelphia.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Shanta or whoever had this problem and it is fixed now could you let me know exactly what you had to do?

Thanks
    jayzeee, that is exactly my problems as both of my previous phones were A500's. both SPCS and I know exactly what the problem is but the departmet that needs to fix it, works at their own **$#*&$* pace!

Bascially, in the BMG System (tool for SMS), it says shortmail capable only. The 2-way messaging option is set to "no". So they need to uncheck shortmail capable only and select 2-way capable "yes," and all should be fine. Well 2 weeks later no one has fixed this because the SMS group that handles this is busy with other nation SPCS SMS issues, so I have to wait until who knows when.

I was told that this switchover should be automatic, when a phone is provisioned but for some reason it didn't work that way for me, and probably for you either.

If you want a trouble ticket opened or if you want someone to check to see how BMG sees your phone call the Vision Help Desk directly @ 866-588-9907
    Last edited by shanta; 12/12/2004 at 04:17 PM.
    background for me..... i am not coming from shortmail to SMS i am coming from a different carrier to sprint. this is not very encouraging for me to stay with them beyound the "trial period" if this issue continues.

thanks shanta for the direct phone number to Vision services. i am off to call them again to get a trouble ticket or L2 support
    The strange thing about all this is when I talk to Sprint, they tell me I should be able to text any carrier with the phone # only, and several of you here say you can also. When I go to my local Sprint store, they have a sheet with the e-mail extentions that they say you have to add to the phone # to text other carriers. Are some of us in "black holes" where this just doesn't work? Or is my Sprint store just not up to speed on what should be working? Also I had a trouble ticket started for this, and Sprint said that my SMS's were going through the national exchange correctly, so it must be a problem with the other carriers. Funny, they can all SMS each other.....
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    both SPCS and I know exactly what the problem is but the departmet that needs to fix it, works at their own **$#*&$* pace!

Bascially, in the BMG System (tool for SMS), it says shortmail capable only. The 2-way messaging option is set to "no". So they need to uncheck shortmail capable only and select 2-way capable "yes," and all should be fine. Well 2 weeks later no one has fixed this because the SMS group that handles this is busy with other nation SPCS SMS issues, so I have to wait until who knows when.
    2+ weeks for someone at Sprint to click a checkbox?!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    2+ weeks for someone at Sprint to click a checkbox?!
    That is what I said. I call them every 36hours and they give me the same BS. Basically they are so busy with the nationwide SMS problems that they haven't had time to fix my problem.

At least I can send SMS messages, it is just that I have to go into shormail to get any SMS messages that are sent to me.
    so I called and they have a trouble ticket in- "we will call you back within the next 36 hours..." we will see what happens. i still get nothing from VZW customers and cingular ones i receive are slow. TMO ones have been iffy too.....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast