1.    #1  
    I am using the BT250 and if I move the phone more than a foot from the headset I get bad static. I know this is been discussed but I don't think this is just related to the BT250.

I am not sure if anybody is having total success with BT on the 650. Is the bluetooth radio weak or is there something else going on.

Houston we have a problem!!!!!!!
    Read the manual and see if there is a "mode" setting it is possible the mode you have the headset in isnt compatible with the 650.

Its been a while since I had a 200 but I think there was different modes
    I suggest trying a different headset. I had a jabra once and boy did it suck. So I got the new motorola one with the flip boom and it was WAY better!
  4.    #4  
    Which model. YUP this Jabra bt250 is awful. I have it setup correctly and if I put the phone in my pants pocket the static gets so bad that I can't hear the call. I love the feel of the headset and it looks great but for $100 it should be close to static free. I am hoping it is the headset and not the phone.

Which Model Headset do you have?
    Well, when I got the new Motorola flip-boom headset (model: HS810) I was using a Motorola v600. I would just use that on my Treo, except I was reading that people werenít able to close the boom to end the call (like I could on the v600).

So, for my Treo 650 I plan on using the Bluetrek G2 headset. I donít worry about it being bad quality, because I know that ANYTHING is better then the current Jabra Bluetooth headsets.

Itíll be interesting to read the reviews on the new upcoming Jabra headsets when they come out in the coming months. Especially the one with the LCD screen, (although Iím not sure what the point is of having an LCD on the side of your head isÖ.but heyÖ.). But for right now, $28, after rebates, for a Bluetrek G2 headset is not bad at all.
    The only problem I have with the Jabra is when using it in my home. Apparently my wireless home network gives it an irritating clicking/popping noise. But when I am out and about it seems fine. Of course, I've only used it one day, but for a freebie it seems adequate so far.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtext
    Well, when I got the new Motorola flip-boom headset (model: HS810) I was using a Motorola v600. I would just use that on my Treo, except I was reading that people werenít able to close the boom to end the call (like I could on the v600).

So, for my Treo 650 I plan on using the Bluetrek G2 headset. I donít worry about it being bad quality, because I know that ANYTHING is better then the current Jabra Bluetooth headsets.

Itíll be interesting to read the reviews on the new upcoming Jabra headsets when they come out in the coming months. Especially the one with the LCD screen, (although Iím not sure what the point is of having an LCD on the side of your head isÖ.but heyÖ.). But for right now, $28, after rebates, for a Bluetrek G2 headset is not bad at all.
    Unfortunately, that $28 price point tells you something. YMMV, but my G2 is a static nightmare. See #2 on my list of bluetooth issues:

Here

I just think BT technology is a gimmick right now. It's in it's infancy, and probably won't be worth a damn until BT 2.0 or something. I feel like that guy who makes Dyson vacumes..."I just feel the thing should work properly" (haha, if you've seen the commercial, you know what I'm talking about).

Good luck, but I've lost faith in BT.
    On my 7100T with a Motorola headset. I can easily go 20 feet without static.
    I, too, have experienced BT on a Moto V600 and an HS820 headset and it was static free for at least 20 feet. So the technology is definitely not a gimmick, let's hope the Treo 650 implementation isn't!
    I have the same problem using bluetooth with my T650 and Bluetek G2.

I'm new to bluetooth, but if this static is typical no wonder it hasn't caught on! Is it a problem with the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaTreo
    Houston we have a problem!!!!!!!
    Jabra BT-250 is almost not usable unless it is a foot or so away from the Treo650.

Try this, have the headset in your left ear, hold the Treo650 in your left hand close the the headset, sounds ok.

Move the Treo650 to arms length away and you start to hear static.

Move the Treo650 behind your back and it sounds horrible!

None of this had any effect on sound quality on a Sony T637 with the same headset.

I think the fact that Palm is bundling the Jabra with the Treo650 is really going to force them to address the Bluetooth problems with the Treo650. They are going to have a number of unhappy customers.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem as well. I purchased 3 BT headsets this evening (Plantronics M2500, Jabra BT250, and the Bodyglove Earglove Bluevoice). I had the same problem with all of them. I did not have a static free conversation nor could I be farther than 2-3ft from the phone. From reading the previous posts and what I experienced tonight, I would say that there is definitely an issue with the BT reception on the 650. Has anyone had a good experience yet with a BT headset on the 650?