1.    #1  
    I'm having problems connecting my 650 to the Jabra 250 headset and to a kensington usb bluetooth ap. It won't even try to pair during the autodiscovery process; just doesn't find any nearby. Any suggestions?
    While it may seem cumbersome, It is impossible to help without STEP by STEP replay of what you have tried.

Please give the details and I am sure someone can help.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    While it may seem cumbersome, It is impossible to help without STEP by STEP replay of what you have tried.

Please give the details and I am sure someone can help.
    Understandable, gut feeling says I've missed something simple, so here we go:

1. Fully charged Jabra BT250 and T650
    2. Turned on Jabra BT250 so blue lights are flickering periodically
    3. On T650
    a. Bluetooth setup
    b. Bluetooth->On
    c. Device Name (took default)
    d. Discoverable->Yes
    e. Setup Devices
    f. hands-free Setup
    g. Next
    h (autodiscover icon grinds away) with "Nearby devices" selected.
    i. No devices are filled into the selectable area.

I've tried resetting the t650. Provisioning hasn't completely happened yet, but I find it hard to believe that is a requirement for bluetooth. I do have a wifi access point, which p1 indicates could pose a problem (I still think that's a bunch of crap, but i could be wrong).

Any direction/suggestion would be appreciated. Has everyone and their brother been able to get bluetooth to work?!

Thanks.
    AH HA!!!

Unless you forgot to type it........ You forgot to put the BT250 into pairing mode as well. Both devices have to "discover" each other.

I forgot how to put it into pairing mode. Did the freebie come with a maual?
    By the way, "discoverable" can be set to off and if you don't need to acess it with anything that isn't "paired" as a trusted device, you should set it to off.
  6.    #6  
    You are a genious. Or, I am the opposite. The "Advanced Features" section says to hold Volume Up while pressing phone to put it into pairing mode. I guess this is specific to the hands-free profile. I'm surprised this isn't highlighted somewhere.

In any matter, thanks a bunch, sxtg!
    Your welcome!

Enjoy
  8.    #8  
    Wow, people are right- the headset sounds very crackly and full of static. Wonder what it sounds like to the person on the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    Wow, people are right- the headset sounds very crackly and full of static. Wonder what it sounds like to the person on the other end.

No idea, I gave up on Jabra with the 200! I wondered if the 250 would be improved more than just battery life.

Right now I am very pleased with the Motorolla HS810.

When the Jabra BT800 comes out I will definately give it a try- It is sweet!
    Also..

Read the manual and see if there is a "mode" setting, it is possible the mode you have the headset in isnt compatible with the 650.

Its been a while since I had a 200 but I think there was different modes
  11.    #11  
    I remember someone mentioning that in another thead. Although, I don't see it in the manual, a user mentioned that it did not help much. If I find it, I'll let you know.. thanks!