1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Well, I got my Treo 650 today from P1 (ordered 11/11, showed up as back-ordered until 1:30am this morning, and arrived this morning).

I uninstalled my old Palm/Handspring software from my PC (XP), and was able to hotsync. But some old stuff wasn't uninstalled, and I ended up with some old files. I figured I would have to do a hard-reset, but things worked, and I began installing software. After my 3rd or 4th hotsync, the connection no longer worked.

I assumed it was due to the stuff installed, especially the old garbage, so I did a hard-reset of the device, uninstalled all my Palm software, renamed directories, searched the registry, rebooted, etc. And no matter what I do, my PC won't recognize the Palm cable.

I would assume that this is a hardware issue, but my Handspring software used to do similar things, and you had to fix it by editing the registry and reinstalling.

Any ideas about what software/configuration things I can try? Should I get a new cable? Is there a cradle on its way soon? Can I use another cable? Right now, I'm using infrared for the hotsyncs, and will start using an SD card to transfer files back and forth ;->

Anyone else have similar problems?
    Thanks.
    Had this same issue a little while ago. Found out that the cable was faulty. It just stopped working for me. Luckily I had a spare from a replacement phone palmone sent me. Hate to say it, but you might have a bad and/or damaged hotsync cable.
    Mine too, Can not connect to the Computer to sync
    This is probably not the first posters problem, but the t600 version PDA net and PDA Reach will cause it to not recongize the connection.
    yes I do have pda net for treo 600, what shall I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo1972
    yes I do have pda net for treo 600, what shall I do?

You have to unistall it from your PC
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    sxtg -- thanks! I exhausted every braincell trying to get it to work and all it took was uninstalling PDANet and PDA Reach. Thanks again